28. Imprisonment

"You are under arrest."

Helena was speechless. The arrest happened faster than in her previous life. They were still several days away from Autumn. Her imprisonment only happened in her first life. Why did this happen again? Was this because she had not done any misdeed in this life?

Helena glanced at Ethel. She hid behind her father with a sly smirk on her face. That wench framed her again. Helena wished she could slap that woman right there. However, she must focus on

her survival. All she could do right now was play along. Helena must calm down and avoid being nervous. She would look suspicious otherwise.

"Excuse me, officer. I don't think I have done something bad. There must be a mistake."

The young officer scratched his head. "We received multiple testimonies that you are involved in a cult. There is a warrant to apprehend you."

"A cult?" Helena pretended to be surprised while feigning innocence. She hoped for her acting skills from her second life working. "We have such a thing in our kingdom?"

"Uh. We also received information you previously tried to find about it."

Helena slapped her forehead. How could she forget? Helena looked up about Paradise Star before learning anything about it. Now, Helena had lost the argument to defend herself.

"There-there must be a mistake!"

"I don't know. I'm just doing my job." The officer looked slumped. Helena did not blame them. Arresting a noble was not a good assignment. They had a high pride and refused to be apprehended. Their arrest always ended up in an argument or fight.

"Take her away."

"No! Mother, father!"

Helena shouted for help, but the officers blocked her parent. The memory of her past resurfaced in her mind. Once again, the shadow of a guillotine appeared before her. Helena bit her lip and stomped the guard's foot with her strength. The officer yelped and lost his grip. Helena used this opportunity to run away. Unfortunately, another guard jumped and managed to catch her.

"Let me go!"

"How can a noble lady have so much strength?" One of the officers without a hat yelled while trying to restrain her. The rest finally managed to subdue her after one hour of struggle.

They threw her at the jail after getting punched and kicked.

Helena stared at her new prison. It was worse than the one in the past. She buried her face on her knee. Tomorrow, she would go through a trial. Helena would receive a guilty verdict if everything worked like in the past. Only death would wait for her after that.

Her parent could not save her. Melvin Blackmoore tried to defend her in the first life, but it was futile. Her only hope was the Vermillion couple or the First Prince.

But what if they just used her?

Helena blew away the negative thought. The Vermillion and Prince Sapphire had no responsibility to help her. Her bearing toward Paradise Cult was the result of her investigation.

Helena sighed and pulled a pen from her pocket. It was the only thing she could bring amid chaos. Helena modified the writing tool in case of an emergency. Helena might not be able to use it in combat, but she was creative enough to use it for something else.

In her first life, Helena shared her cell with others. Right now, she was the only person in her prison. Maybe it was because she fought back during apprehension. Helena found it as a blessing. It gave her peace to do some thinking. The fact that the officer recognized Paradise Star as a cult meant the information had leaked. Perhaps everyone had learnt about the existence of the cult. Helena wondered about how Duchess Vermillion fared right now. She must be