19. Sirius

What Helena was about to do was something stupid, reckless and dangerous. Her first life would be way too scared, and her second life would scoff at the foolish decision. Even her brain thought it was dumb.

Yup, Helena was going to the drug den, Sirius. Alone.

Helena knew it was risky, but her sole purpose in her third life was to find the reason for her regress. She learnt the cult summoned the demon, and it returned her back for her soul. However, who made the contract with the demon? Why?

Helena told everyone that she was tired from all of socializing and went to bed early. No one held any suspicion toward her behaviour. Helena used to sleep a whole day if she was exhausted. Yet, instead of sleeping, she pulled out hidden make-up and a dress under her bed.

Helena wore a disguise: a brown wig, blue dress and bright make-up. Her dress was bright instead of dark and had many ribbons and laces. Helena even frowned at her reflection in the mirror. She looked odd and weird. It must be because of the long curly brown hair.

Even her own family would not recognize her.

Helena went down using the tree next to her window after the route was clear. She felt guilty using the skill of sneaking out. Her maids would be disappointed if they knew about it.

Helena went to the street and found a carriage to carry her to the drug den. Sirius looked like a big simple building. Helena almost thought she visited the wrong place until she noticed the guards. The guards allowed her to pass the gate by looking at her dress. She knocked on the wooden door and was surprised when pair of eyes appeared in the eye slot. The person across another side spoke in a gruff voice.

"The password?"

Helena swallowed her saliva. She hoped it was correct. "The snakes will devour the star when it appears on a dark night."

The door finally opened for her. The moment she stepped in, a disgusting sweet smell stabbed her nose. The mix of smoke, perfume and drug made her dizzy. Before she looked around, a man stopped her from looking around. He wore a black-white servant outfit and glared at her with suspicion in his eyes.

"Is this your first time here?"

Helena had prepared for this scenario. There was no way she walked into the enemy territory without a plan. Thankfully, she was a great actress in her second life. Helena could perform acting very well to achieve her goals. Right now, she took the role of a spoiled noble lady.

"My, that's true! I heard about this place from my friend! She said you have something that makes people fly and feel good!"

He was taken aback by her personality. "Well, it certainly can make you feel good, but it cannot make you fly. Do you-"

"Have money? No problem!" She pulled out a pouch of gold coins and gave it away. "Daddy loves me, so he will give me a lot of gold!"

That person was stunned by her wealth. He changed his attitude toward Helena. "I understand. It will be better to stay in a private room since this is your first time here. Follow me."

Helena was smiling, but she was bleeding inside. The pouch was her allowance for a month. She would not be able to buy anything for several weeks. It was a price she must pay for her action... literally.

She entered the building further. Helena passed some rooms with the open door. She saw people chatting while high on drugs, staring at empty spaces while sitting or just in a hallucination state lying on the couch or floor. She was surprised to find that most of them were commoners. No wonder the country prohibited drugs.