39 - ❝don't treat me like a fool❞

❖

"I really do think it's funny that you guys think you're going to win this," Elle said after her jacket was thrown over her head, impairing her sight. "I mean, do you remember how we just-"

"Elle, no," Maggie cut her off before she said something stupid.

Elle didn't stop though, "C'mon, Mags, I'm only reminding them that they were stupid enough to let me escape their little makeshift handcuffs, grab a gun, and shoot one of their people.

"I want duct tape around their wrists and gags in their mouths," Paula, the older redheaded woman instructed. "Double up on the kid. She's just a mini version of the prick from the radio. He your dad?"

"Oh, you were so close," Elle mocked. "Dad-In-Law. Not officially for another two and a half years though."

"We don't care, bitch," the man said, still upset that Elle had shot him. He had a fair point, Elle loved to ramble. It was her greatest strength and her greatest weakness.

Surprisingly, Elle didn't fight back when the man started to tape her wrists together. There was a time and place, and while she often struggled to know when the right time was, she was smart enough to know that now was not that time. So, she complied as she was bound and shoved into a car and then an old building. Since she could only see the ground directly below her, she tripped more than a few times while walking through the building. Every time it resulted in a domino effect of people stumbling and Paula screaming at her. It was hard for Maggie and Carol to be surprised, it was a very Elle thing of her to do.

When she was finally able to see again, Elle was ready to pounce at the sight in front of her. Maggie had a walker inches from her face and no means to defend herself. Without thinking, Elle reacted. If her family was in trouble, she wasn't going to sit back and do nothing. That was why she ran forward, dropped her shoulder, and rammed into the walker with all her might. Once the walker was on the ground, the heel of Elle's shoe was stomping on its head, killing it.

"I could've done that with my knife, kid," Paula told her. "It's not that serious."

"It's always serious when it comes to my mom's life," Elle said, sounding vaguely threatening.

"Just go sit against that wall," Paula shoved her forward. Then she pointed to Maggie and Carol. "You there and you there." They all took their places against separate walls, sharing glances as their captors duct taped each of their ankles.

Walkers banging on the door forced the Saviors to leave Carol, Maggie, and Elle alone. While they worked on clearing the walkers, the three tied up women went to town on cutting through their duct taped hands. Maggie was using the corner of a wall, Elle was using a rock she found on the ground, and Carol seemed to be reaching for something in her pocket to use. It appeared that they were getting somewhere, or at least Elle thought so until Carol's breathing started to pick up and tears coated her eyes. Elle was confused. Out of the three of them, Carol was the least likely to be scared in a situation like this. It had to be an act. But her tears and gasps for air seemed a little too real for Elle to truly believe she was acting.