16 - ❝blood and chocolate don't mix well❞

❖

"So, Elle, what's with the new look?"

"Stop trying to distract me," Elle said, barely realizing she was even speaking, her eyes glued to the railroad edge she was balancing on.

"The green matches your bracelet and contrasts your hair nicely," Michonne went on. "And the glasses add on to the whole badass vibe you've got going on."

Elle let her eyes leave the railway for a split second so she could glare at Michonne and sarcastically remark, "Oh were you a fashion designer before the apocalypse?"

Michonne countered with, "Maybe I should've been so I could make you clothes that actually match."

Still managing to balance, Elle looked down at her outfit choice. She thought it looked fine given the circumstances.

"Didn't you just compliment me a second ago?"

"I complimented what you were wearing on your head," Michonne said matter-of-factly. "But I can't defend your green converse with unusual laces paired with your hole covered jeans, the hot pink shirt with the blue jacket plus what's going on on your head."

Turning to face Michonne with her hands on her hips, it seemed Elle forget she was supposed to be balancing because she went straight into the tracks, face first. Michonne was the next to fall, but because she was trying to make sure Elle was okay while she held in her laughter.

Elle looked up at Michonne, blood running from her nose. Michonne's hidden laughter immediately disappeared, waiting for what Elle's reaction would be.

An accusing finger stuck out at Carl who was completely oblivious to what was happening behind him, only concentrating on the railroad.

"Look at what you did! You let Carl win!"

This caused Rick to turn around and give them an amused glance, Carl to stumble as he looked toward them, managing to catch himself before he matched Elle, and Michonne to finally burst into laughter.

It didn't take long for the girls to catch up with the Grimes boys and give Carl his reward, the last Big Cat.

To everyone's surprise but Elle's, he broke the candy bar into three pieces, offering a piece to both Michonne and Elle. Michonne took it but Elle shook her head in denial.

"I can't really eat right now," she said, her voice sounding weird because she had her nose plugged and was tilting her head toward the sky. "I like to breath, plus blood and chocolate don't mix well."

Carl rolled his eyes at her attempt at humor, but put the third piece back in the wrapper and stuffed it in his backpack, knowing she'd regret not taking it later.