15 - ❝you don't have a family to lose!❞

—additional cast

LINCOLN WEST
(jamie campbell bower)

❝I'm coming back for you, little girl

❝I'm coming back for you, little girl.❞

"You complete asshole!" Elle screamed, throwing a book across the room, nearly shattering a window. "I'm the bad guy? Me? For, for kissing you? For telling you how much I fucking love you?"

Usually Carl would be frozen while Elle yelled, as she did with him. They gave each other time to blow up before cooling down.

But Carl was not in the mood for that at the moment.

"You're the one who said it!"

"I can't believe you!" Elle threw her arms up. "I came up here to comfort you because your little sister is missing! I came up here because before everything else I'm your best friend! Then you turn that around and blame everything on me? The Governor, the Prison, Judith, us? All my fault?"

"That's not-!"

"That's what you said, Carl! Do you need a playback button?"

"You're fucking crazy!"

"You're a terrible fucking friend! If I'm so awful then just stay out of my life! Okay? Stay out of my life!"

You'd think to find the origin of this argument you'd have to go back days, but it took mere minutes for the teenagers to start screaming at each other so loudly that Michonne and Rick could feel the house shaking.

It all started with Elle coming upstairs to check on Carl. The plan was to sit in comforting silence, maybe a hug, not to start screaming at each other.

Carl was rightfully worked up. Judith was... gone. His little sister who his mother died for. He was supposed to protect her. It wasn't because of Elle. If Rick or Michonne had come to check up on him he would have done the same, it seemed that Elle had just drawn the short straw.

All it took for Carl's temper to blow was for Elle to say she understood what he was going through.

"You understand? You understand?!" he rose up from the bed. "How could you understand?!"

Elle remained calm at first, still sitting on the bed with her arms around her chest.

"What do you mean how could I understand?" Elle titled her head and glared holes through him.

Carl paced back and forth while he yelled, "You don't have a family to lose!"

A single tear rolled down Elle's face but she was quick to wipe it away.