22 - ❝never stop being my favorite person❞

❖

Tommy's jaw was dropped while Elle and Beth explained to him what had happened since they last saw him. To be fair, it was a story close to unbelievable, but any time Elle was involved, the world unbelievable left the dictionary.

When Tommy finally wrapped his head around everything that had happened, he and Elle decided to take a walk to change up the environment. At least that was what they were going to tell anyone who asked. In reality, they were going out to scout a new escape route while Beth waited for Carol to wake up.

There weren't many options, not when they couldn't even get to the first floor without being tackled by an officer. But Tommy was small, and Elle was good at causing a scene.

"Remember, this is just to scout it out. Come back after you get a look around, and if you see a walker or anything that could hurt you, come right back," Elle told Tommy as they set up to execute their plan.

"Okay, Mom," Tommy rolled his eyes at her, preparing to sprint to the stairwell while all the officers were focused on Elle.

Elle sent Tommy a wink before starting their plan.

A cart filled with supplies tipping over and an aggravated scream startled more people than expected.  Every person in the hallway and all the neighboring ones flinched at the sound, not reacting at first. The officers only started running to the scene when Elle took to repeatedly kicked said flipped over cart with all her pent up anger as motivation.

They tried to stop her but she got a few of them with elbows to the noses, fists to the faces, and knees to the groins. She hadn't even been able to see Tommy slip past the door with all the people surrounding her, she was just hoping her tantrum would last long enough for him to make it back up undetected as well.

Her rain of terror continued as she started throwing all the things that had once been atop of the cart; empty syringes, IVs that needed to get prepped, bags of water for dehydrated patients, and anything else she could get her hands on.

There was only one way this would end, and Elle had already mentally prepared herself for the inevitable hit to her head that would knock her out. That was why she was so surprised when she was shocked with a taser, she hadn't even been aware that the officers carried them.

Her body stopped but her brain did not. She couldn't continue any longer but she could see an officer dragging Tommy down the hall. She tried to go after him but she was already being dragging in the opposite direction.