27 - ❝i'm going to find him and kill him❞

❖

Turning over their guns was not something any of the group was fond of, but especially not Elle. Without her gun, killing Lincoln West would be a lot harder. But Rick had met with Deanna, the leader of Alexandria, and he had decided that it was safe enough to hand over their guns while within the walls. While Elle didn't trust the people of Alexandria yet, she trusted Rick with her entire being, and if he said it was safe, it was safe enough.

But she would not be handing over her knives any time soon. And she made that very clear during her interview with Deanna.

"You're cautious, I understand," Deanna said while Elle sat in the chair across from her, one knee pulled up to her chest.

"I don't think you do," Elle argued. "The knives aren't for the people in these walls."

"Then you're running from someone."

Elle avoided eye contact while saying, "Aaron said your walls kept people out. That's why I'm here. If I don't have to worry about him finding me then I can find him."

"Him?" Deanna questioned.

"Yes, him," Elle said, not specifying further. "I'm going to find him and kill him. I couldn't do that while I was worried about him finding me."

"Alright, let's move on," Deanna said, picking up Elle's hint that she wasn't going to talk about it. "What was your life like before all of this?"

"It's not important."

"It is to me," Deanna pushed.

"My dad's dead and my mom is as good as that. I have a half-brother I haven't seen since months before the apocalypse. The end," Elle told Deanna.

"So you don't want to talk about-"

"No," Elle cut Deanna off. "Don't play the 'she's being selective she must be hiding something' card. The only things you have asked me about have been some of the most traumatic moments of my entire life. Not even all the people out there that I call my family know these things about me, so I will not be telling some lady I just met. Ask me about my personality, what I like to do, whatever, I don't care. But don't ask me to relive some of the worst moments of my life and then be surprised when I say no."

Deanna seemed to be both taken aback and impressed at the same time. It was the same impression she had left on Rick when they met.

"Carl talked about you," Deanna changed the subject once more. "Tell me about your relationship with him."

Elle smiled, she did love talking about Carl.

"He's my best friend," she began. That was the most important part of their relationship. Before everything they were best friends. "We met about a year ago which is crazy because it feels like it's been our entire lives. We're getting married in four years. You can come if you want."