12 - ❝i don't care❞

❖

"I'm gonna kill him."

"Elle," Hershel gave her a pointed look.

"What?" she tried to throw her arms up in exasperation but couldn't as they were bound. "Who the hell does he think he is? He doesn't get to just show up right when things get better and act all high and mighty, like he's changed and he's some good guy, as if he didn't just kidnap us and threaten to blow my brains out!"

"Woah, there," the door to the RV Elle, Hershel, and Michonne were stuck in open, the Governor walking through.

Elle glared, and she didn't stop, not even when her eyes started to burn.

He tossed her some food but she just threw it back. He laughed at her and proceeded to hand the food to Hershel.

"Eat, it's gonna be a long day," the Governor said. "Nobody's gonna hurt you."

She scoffed and turned her arm so everyone could see the inside of her forearm.

"That's hard to believe when the last time you had me kidnapped this happened."

She didn't listen to his response or what he had to say after that. He wasn't worth her time, and she didn't give a shit.

Her eyes scanned over the RV, trying to brainstorm a way out. She'd seen a few people out the windows, but from what she could gather they did not have too many people, and seldom of them seemed able to fight, at least not as well as their people.

They weren't strapped to anything, which was a mistake on the Governor's part. They could just wait for him to leave, sneak out, take out the one guard, and make a run for it.

After she finished scoping out the trailer, she zoned back in to what was being said. The Governor was still there, and he still was going on about how he didn't want to hurt anyone. Elle didn't fall for his bullshit for one second.

"I need the prison, that's it. There are people I need to keep alive," he said. "You three are going to help me take it, no one needs to die."

"Wrong," Elle told him. "Because I'll die before I help you. There's nothing you can say to me that could make me help you."

The Governor shook his head. "The world would sure be a lot quieter if you were dead."

Elle moved to stand up but Michonne pulled her back down by her shoulder. The Governor looked at her, laughed, and walked out.

Steam was shooting out of Elle's ears. She hated that she got so worked up, but she couldn't help it. Last time she was in this position someone had died because of her, she couldn't let that happen again.