29 - ❝because he loves you❞

—additional cast

OLIVER "OLLIE" REYES
(danny ramirez)

❝I couldn't protect her when we were kids, so now I'm trying to make up for that

❝I couldn't protect her when we were kids, so now I'm trying to make up for that.❞

❖

It was a weird experience, waking up in a bed that Elle could call her own. After finally departing from Ollie the night before, Elle had settled into her room for the first time. Rick had decided it was safe enough to separate, and that meant sleeping in a bed rather than on the floor. Her, Tommy, Maggie, Glenn, Noah, Tara, Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene had all moved into the house next door while Rick, Michonne, Carl, Judith, Daryl, Carol, Sasha, and Gabriel had stayed put. It was weird splitting up, but they all needed the space and privacy. Hopefully, they'd eventually be given more houses to spread out into though as Elle was currently sharing a room with Tommy and Noah. She loved them both, but she also loved having her own space.

Elle had set herself up for failure though. It was foolish for her to think she had any sort of privacy. That was made clear when she was awoken by Glenn and Tara barging into the kid's room belting out a song that she had never heard before.

"Holy fucking shit," Elle mumbled, tucking her head underneath a pillow to try and muffle the sound. It was no use though, because Maggie had entered behind Glenn and Tara and had pulled the pillow away from Elle.

"Wake up," Maggie told the young girl. "You and I are meeting up with Deanna."

It did not shock Maggie how hard it was to get Elle up. Back at the prison she rarely woke before noon. It was a little nice though, knowing that she was able to revert back to her old habits. It meant that Elle finally felt comfortable again, it meant she felt safe.