37 - ❝i was just going to threaten him!❞

❖

Carl Grimes was well aware of the fact that he wasn't good at sneaking around, but he did have a defense for not making it back to his bedroom before his dad and Michonne woke up. He had left Elle's at the crack of dawn, hoping to sneak back into his house and avoid an interrogation from the adults. Instead, though, he was met with a stranger in his house, sitting on the steps as if he were waiting for someone. There was a stranger in his house and Carl had left his gun in Elle's room.

As always, within seconds of Carl realizing he was in danger, Elle appeared. She was attempting to be quiet as she entered, his gun in her hand. She had her timing down. Before she could say anything at the sight of him, he motioned for her to be silent and took his gun from her hand. He moved towards the stairs, gun up, Elle following. She had left all of her weapons at home, but that wouldn't stop her from putting herself in harm's way.

Once Carl moved into the line of sight of the stranger, he raised his gun and said, "What the hell are you doing in our house?" Elle stood behind him with her fists raised as if that would do her any good. Nonetheless, she was trying to be helpful, which was better than not being there at all.

"I'm sitting on the steps waiting for your mom and dad to get dressed," the stranger said, confusing Carl and Elle. "I heard you both walk in by the way, you're not very slick. I'm Jesus."

Within seconds, Rick and Michonne came out of Rick's room, both of them half naked, and Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, and Ollie entered the house, all of their guns raised. Elle barely cared about the stranger anymore, she was staring at Rick and Michonne, jaw dropped. She had seen it coming from a mile away but was not prepared for it to actually happen.

"I called that shit," she mumbled to herself while Rick and Michonne told everyone to stand down. Complying, everyone lowered their guns and made their way to the kitchen.

Elle kept to herself while everyone sat around the table and spoke with Jesus. She had been in disbelief after hearing that he was from a community similar to Alexandria. She couldn't fathom that there was any other place remotely as nice as Alexandria. There were so many more people alive than she had imagined. That and she was still hung up on Rick and Michonne being together. Oh, and not to mention everything that had happened the night before. It was safe to say she had a lot floating around her mind.

When it was brought up that a group of them would be driving over to Jesus' community, of course, Elle was the first to volunteer. What was a surprise was the fact that Daryl and Maggie seemed to be considering it. After a little encouragement from Rick, they agreed, earning a delighted Elle.

Once the RV was loaded, Elle waited at the door, needing to say goodbye to Carl and Tommy before she left. Rick had offered Carl the chance to come along, but he had denied, not wanting to showcase his one-eyed look to strangers. Tommy was the opposite, wanting to come along but being denied by Elle, Glenn, and Maggie.