19 - ❝this isn't a fucking two-thousands chick flick❞

—additional cast

TOMMY WATSON
(thomas brodie sangster)

❝So what if I'm a couple years younger? I'm more responsible than Carl

❝So what if I'm a couple years younger? I'm more responsible than Carl. And smarter. And cooler. And-❞

 And-❞

Hope. It was the only thing that seemed to keep the young and beaten redhead going. In a matter of twenty four hours she had gone from a child who was loved and cared for to the sole protector and leader of five children, children all under twelve who she had coincidentally crossed paths with shortly after the world fell.

When one of the smallest boys who had only just hit five pulled on her sleeve, Elle stopped being a protector and became a comforter.

"I know, I know," she assured the child who had already asked her countless times when they could take a break. "We've just got to find somewhere safe."

"No where is safe," the second eldest, a boy who was less than a year younger than Elle scoffed. He'd been upset since they started their journey, wanting to be the one in charge. "Not with that baby crying everywhere we go."

Elle looked down at the infant strapped to her chest. She hadn't stopped screaming since she was torn from her mothers arms, and all she seemed to be doing was attracting walkers.

"And what do you suppose we do? Leave her for dead?" Elle hissed, the impatience of the other children starting to get to her. "Let's go."

"We should be going back to camp, get our supplies," he told her. "We can try and fix it."

"There's no fixing it," Elle said. "We just have to hope that there are more people out there, good people who can help us."

"Your dad thought those people were good people," he said, emphasizing the word 'those'.