Chapter 36

Heheee, how are y'all??
Before you all scold and yell at me, I'm sorry sorry sorry for updating thissss late, par mein kya karu?? I have soo much to deal with and upar se I'm not having time to write chapters. And this chapter had to be updated by today morning but shaam hogyi.

But no worries I'll compensate with other chapters and something new also coming up soon.

For now enjoy this chapter.
_______________________________________

DEVANSH'S POV.

My alarm did a great job today by ringing up at the right time. I slowly opened my eyes, and first ting I saw, my wife.

All cuddled up in my arms, her one hand near my chest and the other one around my torso, our legs entangled.
Oh how can I forget about her morning glow.

Naturally tinted pink cheeks, eye beautiful eyes closed, those long eyelashes that are kissing her effortlessly.

Hash mein toh pighal gaya.

Slowly removing her hands and placing the pillow in my place I got up to get shower and get ready, also convince kriti.

After a quick shower and wearing a shirt pant formal, I came out to see kriti making the bed, smiling I said,

“Morning biwi”, oh the way she got was all flustered yet composing herself she replied,

“Good morning hubby”.

“Hubby, huh?”, I asked.

“Why you aren’t my hubby?”, She asked.
Raising my eyebrow at her sudden sassy mood, I replied.

“You say”.

“I already called you my hubby, tum hi nakhre kar rahe the”, she said shrugging her shoulders and without letting me reply, she went to take shower.

(you were the one throwing tantrums).

Chuckling at her antics, I went to the hall and waited for her.

Minutes later she came in a red Anarkali, with those cute golden coloured jhumkis, taking blessings from god, she turned towards me with the vermillion box, I smiled and took of pinch of it, applying on her hairline, I kissed her forhead.

Kriti started walking towards the kitchen, I thought why to disturb her, so I just stood near the counter and looking at her.

The way her her hands were moving, her blangles clinking, and uff her waist, that damn waist making me want to just squeeze and have a bite of it, specially that mole near her belly button, uhhhh, I need to control my thoughts.

“Stop staring at me”, Kriti said suddenly.

Smirking, I said.

“Biwi ho tum meri, tumhare alawa aur kise dekhu?”

(You are my wife, whom else should I stare at?)

“Ohho, aise”.

“Bilkul waise”, I said and chuckled.

Kriti gave me my plate, and took and her own one and we both sat together to have breakfast, and as today is her peheli rasoi, she cooked upma and sheera.

“Oh but why are you wearing formals?”, Kriti asked while we were eating.

Clearing my throat, I replied.

“I uh, I saw there’s this employee shortage in the café, down the streets, so why not go there and work 9 to 5, and 5 to 9 I’ll work for dadi at her flower shop”.

“Why?, in both the places you'll be overworked”, she asked.
I sighed,

“We cannot live like this forever right?, how will I establish a business with just 3,000 per month, how will we pay the rent?, how will we buy the groceries, how will I buy you things?, how will we cut our expenses?, how will I repay the loan?, Try to think practically Kriti, I have to grind my gut now, then only I will be able to give you and my kids a life I want to”.

“Do what you want, I’ll support you”, Kriti said with tears building in her eyes.

Completing our breakfast, I kissed her forehead and said,

“Be careful, and lock the door and call me if you want something”, I said referring to phone she gave me yesterday.
.
.
.
.
.
I reached the café, taking a deep breath I walked inside.

Seeing the manager, giving instructions, I patiently waited for him to complete, and once he was done and he turned around, looking at me he said,

“Sorry sir, the café is not yet open, it will be open from 9, we still have 30 minutes”.

“Oh, no sir, I actually wanted to know if you could employee me”, I asked.

“You want to work?”, His voice suddenly changed to a dominant tone.

“Yes sir”.

“Do you know how to cook and bake?”, manager asked me raising one of his eyebrow.

“I perfectly know, cold coffees, and different types of coffees, and about bake, I can manage cupcakes and pizzas”, I answered honestly.

“We serve wood fire pizzas, how will you learn it?”, He asked me.

“Sir, I want this work and about learning , I am a fast learner and I can assure you with other chef’s guidance, I will learn it, but please provide me this job sir, I need it”, I said with the thing the I hated the most, vulnerability.

“I don’t want to be disappointed in you, work properly, and I need your documents tomorrow”, he said.

“Yes sir, thank you so much”.

He nodded his head and said,

“So, your work will be, you have to be here by 8 every morning, Monday to Sunday, and one day off that you can discuss which day according to other chefs day off, you have to get every work and ingredients ready by 8.50 as the café will start for the customers by 9.00 A.M, you have to cook and bake, and if there are shortage of workers any day then you have to eyen work as waiter and take care of the tables, this would be your work from 8:00 A.M to 3:00 P.M and from 3:00 P.M TO 4:00 P.M you have to wash all the utensils, don’t worry you wil be sharing that work with another employee and after the washing of utensils, you can leave. Am I clear?”.

“Yes sir, I’ll do everything”, I said.

“And about the salary, I would pay you around 20,000 per month, you can start your work from today”, Manager said, and was about to turn but I stopped him.

“Sir, can you please make it 22,000 per month please sir”, I requested him.

“You aren’t my relative for me to increase your pay, 20,000 is the right amount so you better get to work now”, He said glaring at me.

“Sir, please, give it one thought, I request you sir”.

After a long pause, he said,
“When you come here at 8:00 A.M every morning, I want you to first sweep the floor, and then get to work at the kitchen, and I’ll increase your pay to 22,000 but I want no compromises in work, is that clear?”.

“Yes sir, thank you so much”, I said folding my palms infront of him.
He nodded his head and asked one of the employee to show me the kitchen and to make coffees and bake few cupcakes for tasting, and he went to the counter.

I smiled and looked at the café once before going inside the kitchen,
“25,000 per month, alright let’s get to work now”, I said in my mind and followed the other employee, while quickly texting kriti about the job.

《》

_______________________________________

This was a longggg chapter, happy??

Also comment kardo yrr free hai.
And to everyone who sends me motivation through their texts, thank you soooooo much, it reallyyyyyy helps me to write.

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting.

_______________________________________