Chapter 28

Aye, look who's here???.
And here's the next update, it was supposed to be posted yesterday but hehee I couldn't.

Also, Belated happy birthday to ARTHinHeaven

I'm sorry I couldn't post it on your birthday because I had an exam that day, a very important subject *sigh*

But here it is.

_______________________________________

Author's POV.

The sudden doorbell caught them off guard, and both of them realised their position, her being up in the air held by him, that little feeling had them butterflies in both of their tummies, the strong eye contact, no matter what had happened all day along, this just had them go to another world, a world made for them, their world.

She continually blinked her eyes trying to convey to put her down as no words came out from her mouth, and giving her his signature smirk, he put her down and kissed her forehead.

Both of them jumped when they heard the doorbell ringing again, so they finally backed away and Devansh came to the door.

Opening the door he saw 2 men struggling to hold the bed mattress, and that's when the realisation hit him, he awkwardly cleared his throat and let them in, Aakriti showed them the way in while Devansh helped them.

Finally setting the mattress, they went away, both Devansh and Aakriti literally, I mean literally fell on the bed and Aakriti started laughing out loud.

"It seems so new, everything Ansh, and we shall win this too", Aakriti said and smiled.

"Kriti", Devansh breathed out.

"Finally", Aakriti said.

"Huh?" Devansh asked confusingly.

"I mean I was literally soooo tired of hearing you calling me Aakriti, Aakriti Aakriti", she sighed and rolled over on her tummy.

Devansh slightly smiled at her antics and told what was in his heart,

"I don't want this Aakriti"

"I don't want this feeling"

"I am frustrated"

"No matter how much I am trying to forget this thing from morning"

"I want to let it out"

"This feeling"

"Else I won't be able to work properly", Devansh completed.

"Okay, I got it so umm, tomorrow you're gonna take a leave", Aakriti said.

"First day? Leave?"

"Yes ansh, I'll tell it to dadi, and it's ok let's not consider it as a leave, you'll be joining from overmorrow, yeah?"

"But what's there tomorrow?", Devansh asked.

"Umm, let's say ........ a surprise? Yeah a surprise"

"What surprise?", Devansh questioned again.

"Surprise is a surprise Ansh", Aakriti huffed .

"Alright then, I'll sleep now", Devansh said.

"Pagal ho gaye ho kya?", Aakriti replied but soon realising what she said, she placed her palm on her mouth with widened eyes.
(Have you gone mad)

And devansh raised one of his eyebrow in amusement.

"No no I meant, we didn't even have dinner, so yeah come let's go", Aakriti up and dragged him again.

Devansh gladly followed her, after all it's her, so why not??

"Ok so what do you want to eat?", Aakriti asked.

"Umm, anything is fine with me"

"Alright then, since we only have basic groceries and limited veggies right now, I'll cook dal chawal. Only".

"Okay", Devansh agreed.

"Okay!!! Ansh yaar stop being sooo boring", Aakriti whined but stopped as soon as she saw that he was controlling his anger.

"I- uh I'll cook", Aakriti said and disappeared into the kitchen.

"Shit, I messed up", Devansh said to himself.

"She was just trying to cheer me up", Devansh sighed but decided to stay quiet until she finished cooking the food.

It was now almost 25 past 8 and finally Aakriti came out with filled plates, and gave one of them to Devansh, and had one for herself.

Both had their dinner in a peaceful yet chaotic silent atmosphere.

Clearing his throat Devansh spoke,

"I, uhh I am genuinely sorry kriti, I know you sensed my anger and backed away, that must have saddened you, I'll try to err change myself, please forgive me".

"Oh my god, Ansh chill out, I wasn't any angry on you, I wasn't silent because of that, infact I thought you would want some silent environment, and also I want you to express whatever is going on, in your big brain, got it?", Aakriti said and giggled.

"Why are you soo good kriti?", Devansh asked.

"Abhi hu toh kya hi kare?", Aakriti huffed.
(I am now, what can we even do?).

Both Devansh and Aakriti burst into laughter and just then there was a thunder strike.

Aakriti widened her eyes, and yelled,
"It's gonna rain".

"Yeah, let's go sleep", Devansh said, nodding his head.

Aakriti looked at him as if she saw a ghost and gave him a You-better-dont look.

"What?", Devansh asked.

"Let's go and get wet", Aakriti said smiling like a kid who got its favourite toy.

"You wanna get wet? I can make you wet without the rain too", Devansh smirked.

It took minutes for Aakriti to realise what he meant, and she quickly averted her gaze to him and hit him on his shoulder playfully and glared at him,

"I meant, let's get drenched in the rain, R.A.I.N", Aakriti huffed.

"Let's go no, come on Ansh, don't act like a grandpa", Aakriti said.

"Me?, grandpa?, Not so soon darling", Devansh said with his signature smirk.

And oh, how badly Aakriti wished to wipe that smirk off from his face.

"Anshhhhhh", Aakriti yelled.

"Ok ok, what should I do?", Devansh asked which surely irked Aakriti so she replied,

"Dance, dance on in my head".

"Will you be able to handle my weight?, like you are almost half my weight", Devansh said laughing, which surely was not the best thing to do.

"Shut up, and you will go get drenched in the rain, with me", Aakriti said and continued,

"That's it, it's final, no more words".

《》

_______________________________________

Y'all liked it?
Also did you see the spoiler for the next chapter?

And the second spoiler is "The highly anticipated romance will be present in the next chapter".

And the next chapter will be posted when, I'll get sooooooo many comments.