Chapter 31

Keyur walked behind group of men holding the documents in his hand. He saw Rayaan being questioned in a corner. Adwait stayed back at home to look after his wife as well as his Bhabi's.

"Sir!." One of the officer saluted as Keyur nodded his head. He wanted to get this done quickly. Working silently behind everyone's back was tough but Rayaan  made sure none of them get stuck in this web of lies. The head officer gestured him to sit down. Having a name of his own, no one touched him.  Placing the documents before him,  Keyur looked back at his elder brother. If everything goes well here, both of them will leave or else they will be arrested for the crimes his father had committed.

"We gave you support, I never knew Toshniwal Brothers will work together so well. I mean after destruction of your own empire I thought you will separate." Officer spoke as Keyur just looked at him.  If he had any clue about him,  officer wouldn't have opened his mouth like this.

"I suggest you read the documents sir. It is more interesting than our personal lives." Keyur spoke looking at others who took a step seeing him insulting their superior.

"Yes. Yes." Officer replied. After 20 min Rayaan joined him. He was interrogated for 2hrs in connection with Sanjay's death. They suspected Rayaan was involved in it but he was clever enough to blame it on dirty work done by him.

"Your uncle, that is your dad's brother got convicted for murder of two people related to Miss Sevya." He chimed Keyur looked at him with confusion. Sevya?

" She's Mrs. KEYUR Toshniwal." Keyur stressed. He patiently waited for him elaborate whatever he said.

"I meant to say people he murdered few years ago. Maybe almost 20yrs back, we traced their family. Recently one of our officer discovered its your wife Mrs Sevya. I am sorry to break the news sir." Officer spoke as Rayaan was shocked to hell. Keyur didn't understand what was happening. They arrested him as he was involved in kidnapping but this is something he never wished to find out. Composing himself, Keyur looked at Rayaan for some help.

"Officer, we appreciate your help. Let's concentrate on things which are more important." Rayaan spoke. Both of them had their fist clenched hard, Sevya doesn't deserve this. She cannot hear this news! For a moment, Keyur zoned out.  All he could see was her saddened face. He listened carefully whatever officer was saying. His parents will rot in jail for encouraging this ordeal. They probably know about her parents too! Rayaan held his hand looking at him with an emotion.

"Sir, we appreciate your help. All the smugglers you have informed us before were caught. Now this list will help us nab the remaining. I apologize for the way my colleague broke the news regarding your in laws death. If you would like to go further on this, file a case , I am here for you. " Officer Shekhawat spoke addressing them with respect. Rayaan didn't need his introduction, he was the one who stood behind him during this entire process. A trust worthy officer who is sincere.

"We will let you know Shekhawat. Can we leave?." Keyur asked .

"Yes. We will get back to you once we clear few things off. Meanwhile stay in the city, look out for some trouble. I am sure they might know it's you who's behind all this." The other one said looking between the two brothers. Keyur just wanted to come back home, lie with his wife. Hug her. But then Rayaan's phone rang, he looked tensed the way he was speaking with Radha.

"What happened?." Keyur asked him.

"Adwait's arrested." That's all they could converse.

******************

With sevens months pregnant belly Srida sat in front of senior inspector reading the documents for the bail. Radha stood at a distance talking with Adwait while Sevya was silently listening to whatever inspector had to say. Rayaan and Keyur walked inside with a lawyer. Srida looked at Rayaan with unknown emotion. Her walls were crumbling.