chapter 26

"Please." Keyur begged holding Sevya's hand. She widened her eyes closing the laptop.

"Baby you just asked me to have sex with you while I was attending a meeting!." Sevya shouted as Keyur laughed loudly holding his stomach. Sevya calmed down looking at him. He never joked before let alone laugh this freely. That house has made him stone.

"You look handsome." She commented adjusting his hair. He smiled widely happy with her presence.

"So you won't start working?."She questioned him.

"I know bhai wants me to join him but nah, I don't want to live like parasite on him. You are working, feeding me. Why should I struggle?." He replied hugging her. Sevya laughed at his cuteness. She did not expect to see her husband jobless even for a minute. His whole world revolves around his workplace.

"You are biting my neck!." She shouted jumping away from him. Keyur smiled again.

"Why aren't you working?." She questioned.

"Well... Sevya, to be frank I don't feel like working. I am overstressed, give you minimum time, I mean I see you only when we make love. For rest of day, I get to steal few glances of you.  This is not the life I want. Don't know how bhai and Adwait manage to balance things out. " He spoke caressing her hand. Sevya in that moment realised how losing his child changed so much in his life, not that he had bad one before but the fear of losing time with the people he loves is rooted deep within him now.

" We planned to go for couple counseling.  Are you interested?." She asked to which he just nodded his head.

Keyur knew what was about to come, a change,  assurance and most importantly a new ray of hope to set his family life right. He was lost in thoughts. Rayaan always showed patience, communicated well with Radha bhabi, Adwait literally lives on sleeves to make sure Srida isn't uncomfortable. What did he do? Imagined his wife will understand his nature and accept him?

" We need lots of working to do. Especially you. " He commented poking her stomach. Sevya narrowed her eyes swatting his hand away.

" I am fine thank you. " She replied.

" You can't just disappear whenever you are angry with me. If you ever wish to do that, book a ticket for me too. As I want to spend whatever time I have with you in this lifetime without wasting it on wondering where you are." He spoke.

Sevya looked at him surprised how vocal he is now. She knew he regrets not knowing her being pregnant. A smile graced upon her face as realization dawned upon her that he is big softie and emotional deep inside this macho facade. Keyur walked away from her saying he needs to help Srida with some drawing. Keyur couldn't muster up courage to face his wife. He wanted to be vocal but felt guilty to share his emotions.

'My child will never have to grow up with this kinda mentality' he thought.

***********************
Adwait was confused when he found Keyur and Srida working on some drawing. Like a little sister she is to Keyur,  he carefully guided her when she expressed her thoughts.  Jealousy ruined his mood.

" You are supposed to share your thoughts with me!." He whined

" I didn't know I need your permission to think and share my thoughts. " Srida spoke. Keyur was amused looking at the couple who are going to be parents soon.

" I am glad you both have me and bhai to look after your kid. I am sure you will learn to grow up with him/her." Keyur commented . He showed Adwait drawings of the house Srida planned to build in future. Giving  kiss on forehead, Keyur walked out.

"But we have our home.." Adwait trailed not understanding what she meant. Srida got up from her place,  sat on his lap circling her hands around his neck. With deep sigh he hugged her back. They were lost.