Chapter 06

Ladies gathered around three women who stood like goddesses between them.  They had no idea what business these three Maharani have among poor people like them.  People of Asanda did hear about new NGO where women of different sectors are allowed to work and learn new things for livelihood. But no one understood why Maharani had to travel from Jodhpur till here. Moreover, how can every women can work where caste plays an important role. One wouldn't want to join hands with a women who is not equal to their caste and religion.

"Khamma Ghani." Srida joined her hands and welcomed the people of Asanda village. Radha and Sevya stood behind her, letting their younger sister deal the way she always did. Having an experience with people where she worked as head of NGO in college. Both ladies knew it is not their expertise. If needed they were ready to support Srida.

" We are here to let you all know that it's our privilege if you , I mean women of this village could join the institute we have created to help our society. You will be given training in different craftsmanship, encouragement for setting up small scale industry and a stipend too. You kids will be given free education until 10th class. Which was an initiative taken up by brothers and husband. " She spoke with a smile.

" But memsaab, we are earning. Our kids are getting free education from government schemes. We don't need you and your institute to take away our women from their designated work . " Someone spoke.

" They have good craftsmanship, they help us in giving new ideas. I don't see any need for my woman to travel so much everyday." Someother raised their voice making Srida frown.

People started talking among themselves making Srida frown at her own approach.

" Khamma Ghani, I am Radha Toshniwal wife of Rayaan Toshniwal.  Elder daughter of Toshniwal household. You might have heard about me?." Radha spoke with an authority. She knew using her position will fetch their concentration . Srida stepped back understanding she needs to learn to deal with stubborn people.

" We are here to encourage you all not to break your households. Your kids do get free education but are they learning anything? Do you have proper teachers? Does government listen to your woes? No.  Government do provide you with everything they can but for you to get good quality education they can take help of providers like us. Our Sasur ji Pratap Toshniwal founded this institution as an opportunity for villages like you to develop." She spoke.

" Moreover, when government sees how progressive you all are, they will concentrate on providing you with better facilities. Till then you are more then welcome to join our institute,  enchance your knowledge and give yourself a chance to see your future generations in better position." This time Sevya spoke smiling at Radha.

"This programme has been planned with help of government.  Once we see success in it,  we will recommend government to take special care of you all. It's not only this village. We wish every village in and around Jodhpur to get involved in this. Your decision will pave way for other people too. Please do consider us." Srida spoke .

Everyone looked at them.  With elegant looks and simple cotton clothing under this scorching heat . These three ladies had pleasant smile and a determination to get their worked done. Village sarpanch offered them chach( buttermilk) in a mud cup which was moulded beautifully. Looking at it they enquired if it was done by a  women as it had carvings of a women with water pot on her waist and a child clinging to her. Such a detailed description can only be given by a women who faces regular problems as men go out to work. With a confirmation that one of workers wife gave this design as an idea they smiled knowing they have come to right place in search of art.

" Can I have one more glass?." Sevya asked as she felt extremely thirsty. Everyone smiled looking at innocent request of her. She being a maharani was requesting a villager who should be happy to even look at her. But the attitude and approach of these three made the villagers trust in their ideologies.