Chapter 07

Radha looked at her husband who listened to her suggestions regarding distribution of finances towards providing facilities for villages. Rayaan was on phone talking with Adwait who is at home preparing files for implementation of their work. He left with Srida as she felt weak after standing for hours. Looking up from his file Rayaan saw his wife ogling at him.

"Do you want me to repeat last night?." He asked her seriously to which Radha replied yes absentmindedly. Rayaan sat straight in his seat looking at his wife who suddenly lost her shyness. He loved this side of her.

"Come here. " he commanded. Snapping out of her daze Radha sat in her place. He walked around his desk lifted her hand making Radha move out of her chair. Letting her sit beside him on couch he turned towards his wife.

"Radha, such a beautiful name. Look at me. " He spoke calmly.

"You are as important to me as Radha was to shri krishna ji. My world is around you, not even for a minute do not lose trust on me Radha." He said holding her chin. Radha had tears in her eyes. For a man who prefers to talk as less as possible, he is assuring her each and every minute about his love and trust on her.

Maybe he had reasons she couldn't bear to hear out?

"What we had last night was something I wanted to do since the minute I married you but there are certain contraints which I had to adhere for our, especially your safety. But now, I can't wait to show much you mean to me. How you torment me day and night with your thoughts, presence and wittiness." Rayaan spoke.

"I understand. " She replied smiling a bit. She found no need to worry further not because they had physical relation now but because he showed her his weak self, his desperation for her not to misunderstand the reason as his disinterest towards her all these years.

After all what happens if she trusts her husband who not even in his sleep hurt a fly purposefully.

"I heard you took charge when they couldn't agree to Srida?. Impressive. " He applauded kissing her hand. Looking at her blushed cheeks Rayaan felt content. He loves the way she takes her reigns back in hand when her presence is needed most.

"So.. shall we continue what you desired few minutes back?." Rayaan pulled Radha towards him making her eyes go wide.

**************************
Srida knew its better not to interfere when her father in law is angry. Adwait had enough of his anger. Among three brothers, he's the one who can't tolerate even for a second if other person doesn't listen to him.

"If Srida is here, Radha is discussing with Rayaan. Who went to government officials?." Pratap questioned.

"Sevya Bhabi." Adwait replied.

" What? Why did you allow her to go?." He got more irritated. Srida was dumbstruck to see her father in law talk so low about her bhabi. Adwait gestured her to stand with him while he fumed in anger.

"I would like to ask why can't she go?." He questioned his father back. To which his mother appeared out of nowhere with an answer which irritated both Adwait and Srida to the core.

" Because she is too silent to deal with such a big work. Everyone has their own capacity while working Adwait. We know hers. Same as yours and your brothers." His mom spoke making Adwait break a decorative vase kept on his right.

" What is this nonsense Adwait?! You need to control your anger." Pratap shouted. Srida had no choice but to hold his hand. If they can talk badly about Sevya Bhabi she was sure they will talk about Radha bhabi and her.

" Just like Radha is here to encourage and help people to work as per schedule although she is quite not capable to produce an heir. For now we need someone to manage our household as three are getting hold of bussiness slowly." Her mother in law spoke making Srida's eyes go wide.

For these two Radha is just a glorified version of household maid who is incapable to give birth to a child and they still let her stay that is continue her employment until these three get a hold of bussiness completely. A trophy bahu.

" It all starts at home. The way you speak of my Bhabi I pity you both. For you will never know the value of someone so precious. Women empowerment do need in our household first. You are an example of how we should never disrespect any human." With that said Adwait turned around holding Srida.

************************
No one messes with what is his.

Adwait and Srida stood in their place while Keyur walked past them giving them a look which was enough to warn the newly married couple to clear the room. Dragging her with him he saw Sevya Bhabi standing few feet away from main door looking at Keyur's back with an emotion less expression.

" Adwait wait." Srida said walking to Sevya who gave her a sad smile.

" Bhabi.." She tried to talk .

" Adwait. These are the list of villages we need to look into for different problems but all of them had registered about inadequate supply of water with the government. Give it your father. Srida. If you need me beside you. I will come or else keep me out of this project." Sevya said making Keyur turn back to listen to his wife's agony.

As Sevya walked towards her room, she was pulled back by Keyur who dragged her to his parents. He always hated how much his parents underestimated her.

" She is my wife. I expect you to respect her. Liking or not, she is educated, talented and far more intelligent then you both. One more word and you will face the wrath same as Mann singh. " Keyur shouted on his parents. Sevya snapped her head towards him not understanding what exactly he meant.

Mann singh?

" Beta, we understand you are married and all. No need to support her or anyone too much. We assign work assessing capabilities of each individual, Sevya is good at your office not everyone is fit for every role." His mother opened her mouth.

" Who exactly is assigning work? So you mean to say we are not your children but employees just like how you demeaned Radha Bhabi, you are loosing respect in my eyes day by day. We are not Maharaja of this state. Your ancestors were, you shouldn't preach what you can't follow mom. " Keyur warned looking at his father.

" We are not royals but we do have certain duties. " his father spoke.

" Duties ? You talk about it to us? Who couldn't follow his duties and landed us in trouble ? How dare you speak of Radha Bhabi like that? She is the head of this family for me. You! Don't have any right to assign or decide someones life. " He pointed his finger towards pratap who couldn't meet his eyes with his son.

Usha Toshniwal couldn't believe both her sons chose their wife side when all she wanted to say was not everyone was capable to handle all duties. Regarding Radha, she wondered what wrong she had spoken?

"You could never become a great, down to earth maharani like Radha bhabi and Sevya as you can't sympathize with people nor you can understand how world runs different outside this manor. So I suggest you don't involve yourself into others lives until or unless you are asked to. " Keyur spoke with a warning tone looking at his parents.

***********************
Please vote comment and share my story.

What do you think about pratap and Usha?

What are your thoughts about this chapter?

You will be getting one update per week for next two months as I have to prepare and give my final mds exams. 

Until next time :)(: