chapter 21

Adwait paced in the corridor looking angry as hell. He reached hospital much before his wife, when he saw his love getting pushed on stretcher for a moment he thought she was dead. Her blue feet, hands and finger prints on her cheek enraged him. Shouting like an wounded animal he raced behind his wife who was being wheeled into emergency ward. None of his brothers accompanied his wife which only indicates his bhabi's has been equally wounded.

"Let me see my wife! Srida!." He shouted banging on the door. He was alone with his anger, dissatisfaction, remorse and guilty. With tear stricken face he sat down holding his head. He couldn't believe he would target their love in such a way.

"Adwait?." He heard Radha's voice turning around he looked at her drenched swollen arms, hands, face, with handcuffs marks on it. She was shivering as Rayaan held her close. Nurses ushered him to take her inside emergency ward but she wanted to comfort Adwait.

"Radha bhabi! Bhai..." he trailed looking between them. With utmost care he hugged her weeping like a baby.

"Shh.. nothing will happen to Srida." Radha comforted him. He moved back keeping his head down.

"Now look up! Am I that ugly for your eyes?." He heard Sevya talk. As soon as he saw her, Adwait fell on his knees crying endlessly. He couldn't see her beautiful face swollen and unrecognizable.

"Adwait! Get hold of yourself. Did you get clothes?." Rayaan asked making him sit on bench. Nodding his head he handed over clothes to his brothers.

"I am sorry bhabi." Adwait said not meeting his eyes with either of them. Keyur entered hospital premises looking for his wife and brother. He had to take care of few things back there. Rayaan was hesitant to leave his brother alone but Keyur knew Adwait needed him as well as both the bhabi's support.

"She's unconscious, I can't can't see her like this. Can I go inside? Hold her hand?." Adwait looked at Keyur who just nodded his head. As Rayaan comforted his brother,  nurses took his wife and Sevya for medical assistance. After few minutes,  Keyur gestured them to come with him. Adwait walked inside to see his wife covered in bandages,  saline and a monitor indicating her BP,  heart rate.

"Sir, may I know who among you is her husband?." Doctor asked them. Immediately Keyur and Rayaan stepped back as Adwait kissed her hand.

"She has fracture on both hands. Good thing it will heal in 3 months. Rest of her body is battered due to heavy blows which will heal slowly. She's unconscious due to exhaustion,  will be awake in few hours. No need to worry sir, she will look healthy in a week. " doctor informed him. The three brothers looked at Srida like she is delicate rare flower. Adwait smiled pushing her hair back. He kissed all over her face whispering something in her ear. He caressed her feet,  hands multiple times,  visibly he was happy to hear there's no major injuries.

With head near her hand, Adwait played with Srida's hair , kissing her hand in between. A gesture which just didn't sit well with both the brothers. Adwait is their baby brother, a person whom they love to the core and Srida being his wife, youngest of the family. Both the brothers vowed to protect them no matter what happens and they failed. Patting his head they left him alone.

Keyur walked back to his wife who was advised for multiple x rays , scans. She smiled at him as he sat beside her. He looked for Radha .

"Bhabi got fracture on right hand. Two fingers and wrist." Sevya informed. He nodded his head not looking at her.

"I think I have more fractures then anyone. He kicked me in my ribs when I fell asleep. " Sevya informed. With tightened fists, Keyur closed his eyes,  he couldn't imagine what all they had to see.