chapter 24- epilogue

Start from the beginning

'Hey', Juvia said with a smile. She still seemed weak from the delivery, but she was recovering well. She held out her hands and gave Bozu a hug. 'Where is Teru?' she asked.

'Rose is with him', Gray answered. He deliberately avoided the part where she was giving him the bottle. It seemed Juvia was feeling bad because she wasn't able to breastfeed her own children. 

'Rose-san?' Juvia raised her eyebrow. 'Why?'

'Not sure. She doesn't say'. 

'Hmmm', the watermage hummed while thinking. 'Perhaps she wants to make sure the twin's alright?'

Gray shrugged. 'Could be. Now eat something. I'll be right back'. 
He gave her the plate and got Bozu back. Before he left he gave Juvia a little peck. 

When he walked downstairs he saw Teru finishing the bottle. 'And now?' Rose seemed lost. 

'You should help him burp'.

'How?' 

They traded child. Rose entertained Bozu while Gray patted Teru on the back. 

'Isn't it difficult?' 

'Sure, but Juvia and I got help from Bisca, Alzack and the others. Like Natsu and Lucy, they helped us buy some more stuff we needed because we didn't expect a twin'.

'Can I be honest?' Rose blurred out. Guilt was written over her face and Gray expected this to be the reason she came to visit. 

'Sure'. 

'If Juvia was pregnant of one child, then he probably would've died. The curse was split in two, that's why they were able to survive both...', it did hurt Rose to say those words. But she felt it was necessary to tell him and their was a part that wanted to get this guilt of her chest. She didn't know how much it affected Gray. 
The way she saw it, Gray was strong. He would be able to handle this kind of information.

But the truth was that it did bother him. The thought that his children only survived by sheer chance frightened him more then he would like to admit. The two protected each other. 
His head suddenly felt light, but he wanted to hide it for Rose. 
Teru's burp interrupted his thoughts from escalating. 

'You know it's my fault'. Rose looked at Bozu with sorrow. 

Gray waited for her to continue. When she didn't, he sat next her. 'It's no ones fault. You didn't know I would...'

'It is!', she raised her voice only a little but restrained herself when she thought of the twin. 'It's just....' there was a short silence. 'It's just... if I just removed the curse earlier... If I didn't curse you to begin with'.

'Even if you did remove it earlier... it would've still been too late. I made Juvia pregnant before I found you'.

'But this wouldn't have happened if I never cursed you. I could've told you when you found me when we were still children what happened to me. Maybe we could've worked it out. It's all my fault'. With her free hand she tried to rub the stress away from her forehead. 

'You couldn't have known', Teru became a little bit restless so Gray stood up and rocked him back and forth. Strangely enough Bozu was the quiet one at the moment. 

'It doesn't make it right. What would you have said if it turned out bad?'

'But it didn't', Gray kept rocking the little one. Teru was on the edge of crying. He didn't know what was wrong, but it was his guess that he felt the tension. Teru was a real child of his mother. Being with his mother often soothed him. 'Sorry, I'll be right back'.