*2*

"SAMEER"

Kakar, my stay away from home made me forget Kakar and her suffocating—forced Saturday get together.

My eyes fall, locked and stares at the burning gaze of my cousin. I sipped from my glass when her large eyes gave me a black look, her eyes flashing.

A smirk tugged at my lips when i remember how i miss this look from her. Her eyes roamed around my body, mainly my hand. She shook her head, i think in disgust and give me one last look, mumbling something in the way.

"Kakar is calling you." She word, turning on her heels.

My body moved in a surprisingly quick way as i found myself behind her, holding her wrist and swirling her over to me. The hand she was holding her phone fall on my chest, making me to narrow my eyes and looked up to her.

The look on her eyes made me with no choice but to release her; it was burning and somehow made me excited.

"Don't—" She starts up, i sipped on from my glass, my eyes on her. "—ever, act like that."

And then she walked away, i leaned on the  wall next to me, watching her as she makes her way out. 

"Your still the same. Old habit die hard indeed." I murmured to myself.

She is my cousin, the only cousin i had got from my father, Safa Abdulhakeem.

I dropped the glass on the center table, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand, i took my leave and head to the door. My extra-long legs were put into service when i catch a small glimpse of her walking towards the living room.

"Innalilahi wainna ilaihi Rajiun!" The drama queen: Kakar barked as she spotted me when i enter. "Sameer are you okay?" I looked at her from head to toe, her hand was on her waist.

"All is good oldy, is your waist finally broken?" I laughed out, she glare at me, her expression making me to raise my hands in surrender.

There is something about her and Safa that's always similar.

"You're laughing? Aren't you ashamed of yourself? Look at you, your body all painted!" I heard dad starts—well let say he yelled, he had been giving me an earful ever since i returned.

I mean what is wrong with him, my tattoo looked amazing, and i liked it.

"Don't stress him, dad Sameer he's just a child!" Mom interfere, she is my mother; the woman who i can't help but be her little kid and her pawn in her social status.

The people in the room were gazing at her direction, dumbfounded. 

Why wouldn't they, calling a grown up 27 year old man a child?

"Come here!!" Kakar called.

I sat next to her, drawing my eyes away from the unusual, surprised looked from Safa and somehow a sneering one from her mother.

"Why haven't you been attending your school there, don't you pity your dad? He always try his best to cater for your needs. Learn to be responsible please." Uncle Abdulhakeem begin calmly. I narrowed my eyes, i think there's nothing wrong with my decision.