*3*

"SAFA"

Kakar: Sameer first day of school is today, Safa since you work there, please take care of your only brother, I'm asking you this favor please!!

I read this message for countless of time, In my entire life i can never find someone as silly and useless as Sameer, since from childhood he was never serious, i was two years older than him, but here I'm, lecturing while he was about to start over.

Couldn't he accept what his mom wants?!!

Oh i forget, stubbornness was his other name!!

When we were kids, he was admitted into the same school i was and from that time i couldn't have a single peaceful day without being called my the school authority because of his behaviors.

Every week, Sameer Abdulraheem will somehow get himself to be suspended.

Sameer was a pain in a neck, from a baby, to toddler, teenager and as well as an adult. I can't believe I'll have to take care of him even now.

I kill the engine of my car, then look over through the rear mirror, my Hijabi was loss a little, so i removed the clip and fixed it, took my bag, bottle of kunun gero and left the car.

"Good morning Ma'am." It's what i kept hearing as i walked from the parking lot, to my department, heading to my office.
After i arrived, i greeted one of the cleaners who came out from my office.

I was there, sitting quietly, wondering about my life; in a year I'll hit 30 years, but I'm still single, well not that completely single, i had some men who we talk, but they just flirt, i wonder until when will i have someone serious? someone who'll come with the intention of getting married?

I'm waiting! Waiting for the right man!!

My thoughts were interrupted when i heard a knock at my door. "Can i come in?" I heard my best girl's voice.

My lips switched into a smile, the worries i was engulfed into moving away through the windows.

She popped her head inside, revealing her beautiful face. I leaning on my chair and twirled it slowly, pouting my lips.

She came in, her baby bump saying it Salam before it owner.

"You got no lectures?"

"Obviously!"

"Don't act smart, tell me why you're here sitting alone! You know i don't like it!"  FARRAH tapped her knuckles on my desk, acting like a mother scolding her daughter.

I rolled my eyes, then placed my hand on her bump. "My little princess/prince don't take your mom's behavior!"

She smacked my hand, glaring at me playfully.

"I don't wants it too, take after your mommy please." Her eyebrow wiggled.

We continue to talked, she was mainly asking me about the man who DM me earlier, to her greatest dismay, he too, as the others accomplished, was a flirt.

Her worries can be read when i told her, the fold of lines on her forehead were now visible; they were only visible when she's tense.

Can someone has a friend who'll love him/ her like Farrah love me?

Farrah was my greatest supporter, we known each other since we were toddlers, up until university where we studied the same course; BA. English. We did our masters together, and end up having the same job, at the same university.

Farrah got married to Aliyu who was also a lecturer here, the marriage took place when we were sophomore. She had a small cute 4 year old boy, and now she's expecting her second child.

She was the only friend who loved me dearly, because mostly some of our secondary school friends starts to draw away from me if i visit them, either because they're worried about me taking their husbands away; can you believe it? Or they think they are above my league, married women.

I try to stop her from fighting with them, but as stubborn and supportive as she's, our friendship with most of our friends from both high school and uni end, only those who have a good heart at understanding my situation stay.

Yes Farrah had done a lot for me, because i wasn't the talkative one, sometimes people will sneer at me, but I'll give them a look and walk pass them, but Farrah will certainly get back.

She kept on telling me what she'll do if my wedding came.

'I'll ask does i know to add me to our school group chat!  I'll send each and every single one of them you and your husband's pictures, while you are smiling!!'

Those were her words, and i wonder if her revenge will be achieved?! 

When the time for my lecture come, I left her at my office, since she obviously got no work at the time, i entered my car, and head to the department i had to deliver my lecture to....