Oblivious/29

Seo-ah's POV

The rest of the week blew by. I hadn't seen Soobin or Ha-Yun for most of this week. Yun-Hee and I, however, were always together. Since our schedules were the exact same, we practiced together, ate together, and worked out together. One of the other girls in our group- Oh Ah-Yeon- joined our mini-group. The three of us became what the rest of the group called us- the "it" girls. Ah-Yeon was younger than us so it almost made Yun-Hee and I feel like older sisters. She was 17 and was also a new trainee. Ah-Yeon had a sweet, soft voice and could be described as a quiet bunny. Yun-Hee was the "fox" of the trio. She had a strong personality and was very protective of all of us. She was a fierce rapper and dancer. Me.. I was the "puppy" of the group. Sweet and loyal. People were saying that I was the ace of the trio which only made me laugh. We were all talented and I definitely wasn't talented with everything.

It was 6:00 p.m. on a Saturday which meant individual practice. The three of us decided to head over to the practice room and work on our performance for Monday. We flipped the lights on and set our stuff down. After several days of practice, we got most of the song down. We each only had to refine small things but other than that, we felt confident with it. Yun-Hee was given Yunjin's part and Ah-Yeon was given Eunchae's part. After practicing for an hour and a half, we decided to take a break. We all sat on the floor and talked for a bit.

"You know... I've been trying to think about where I've seen you before this entire week." Yun-Hee spoke.

"Oh yeah?" I looked at her.

"Did you go to high school with me or something?" She asked.

"Did you go to school in Seoul?" I asked.

"Oh.. no. I went to school in Daegu. But where else..." She pondered for several moments until we were interrupted by the opening of the practice room door.

"Oh- Hello-" We all spoke but I stopped immediately when I saw who was there.

"Choi Soobin?!" Ah-Yeon got up immediately out of shock.

"Oh- uh hi. I didn't realize this room was in use." He laughed and from his devious little smirk, it was obvious he knew I was in here.

"My name is Cho Yun-Hee. This is Oh Ah-Yeon and Lee Seo-Ah. We are new trainees here." Yun-Hee introduced us.

"I see.. Are you guys practicing anything in particular?" Soobin asked.

"We are practicing for our performance check on Monday." Ah-Yeon answered. 

I stayed silent because I was afraid that if I spoke, it might be obvious about our relationship.

"Would you mind if I watched?" He asked.

"We don't mind!" Yun-Hee and Ah-Yeon answered almost in sync.

"How about you Lee Seo-ah? Would you mind if I watched?" Soobin teased. Oh boy is he going to be in trouble.

"I- I don't mind either." I softly said.

"Great!" He pulled a chair and positioned himself directly in front. 

Yun-Hee rushed over to turn the music on again and we all got into our positions. Soobin's gaze lingered on mine the entire song. It was almost as our gazes were fighting each other to stop. Regardless, I kept my cool and performed well. After the music stopped, Soobin got up, complimented our performance, and left.

"That was interesting..?" Ah-Yeon said confused at his sudden departure.

"Very much so." Yun-Hee laughed. "Welp, let's call it night. We have workouts super early."

"Agreed!" I said.

We all walked out of the building. Ah-Yeon left first since her mom came to pick her up. Yun-Hee and I were the only ones left at the bus stop.

"I remember where I saw you." She suddenly spoke.

"Oh?" I said innocently.

"You performed with TXT. There was that whole scandal that the company dismissed. It was so quick to disappear from the tabloids but I did remember the brief discussion of it." She explained.

"Yeah... I did perform once with them." I agreed with her, hoping that nothing else was confirmed from Soobin's sudden appearance.

"You don't have to worry about me. I think you guys would be cute. Fans and media tend to be too harsh on idols, which we will one day personally have to deal with.. But if you guys are happy as a couple, I am happy for you." Yun-Hee smiled and gave me a pat of reassurance.

"I appreciate the support." I let out a sigh of relief.

"I didn't discuss it in front of Ah-Yeon because I can see you are still hiding your relationship, but I wanted to let you know that I knew." She explained.

"Was it that obvious?" I asked.

"The expressions you guys have towards one another gave it away." She laughed.

"How?" I looked at her confused.

"You look at each other like you are in love. I promise you, it is so obvious." She laughed at my obliviousness once again. "You are too cute!" 

"Gosh.. This is why I told him we have to avoid each other!" I groaned.

"I'm sure he misses you." She reasoned.

"You're right.. It's just the company doesn't want us dating until after I debut. It hasn't even been a week and we've already been too obvious with the whole thing." I spoke.

"Why don't you text him, head home, and spend some time with him Seo-Ah." Yun-Hee said.

"Okay, okay." I pulled out my phone and messaged Soobin. He responded minutes later with a thumbs-up emoji.

"Thanks by the way." I smiled at her.

"It's really nothing. I hope we debut together. The three of us.. I care about you guys so much already." Yun-Hee smiled back at me.

"I hope so too."