The Red Thread of Fate/7

Soobin's POV

I ran after the photographer almost immediately after the camera flashed in our direction, adrenaline coursing through my veins. I, unfortunately, lost them at some point and looked around me, lost and confused. I took a second for my lungs to catch up and gave up. This wasn't good.

I should have been more careful. I thought to myself as I walked back to the hotel. I opened the door and all the members were inside waiting for me. 

"Where were you all day?" Yeonjun asks.

"I was with Seo-ah. She said it was her first time here so I wanted to show her around." I say with hesitation, already sure of their reactions.

"Soobin.. First it was that girl at the cafe and now Seo-ah.. I understand these girls may be pretty and of good character but we are idols. We don't have time to date." Yeonjun argues.

"You don't think I'm aware of that? I'm trying, don't you see? I saw her at the cafe, yes, but I listened to you guys. I practiced more and distanced myself. But the more and more I distanced, the more she appeared in front of me. I saw her at the concert in Seoul and now I see her here. I'm trying Yeonjun, so don't say I'm not!" I yell at him.

"You mean that Seo-ah is-" Taehyun speaks up.

"Yes. She's the girl from the cafe. I didn't even know she was the winner until I saw her when she got to the hotel." Tears start forming in my eyes and I hold them back strong.

"I'm sorry Soobin..I didn't know she was-" Yeonjun apologizes.

"I know. I shouldn't even be yelling at you. It's my fault. I know our rule and I know what I have to do-" I begin to rush to the door.

"Soobin. It's too late. Whatever you need to say, think it through tonight and then tell her tomorrow." Hueningkai stops me.

"You're right.." I listen to them and take the night to think about what I'm going to tell her tomorrow.

-------

It looks like it's about to rain. I think to myself as I look out of the window. We were practicing all day for our performance in three days and I didn't have time to take advantage of the nice weather earlier in the day. I sigh and stopped the thought that was about to cross my mind about her. I returned back to practice and continued until the evening. 

I made my way to her door and felt an intense amount of sadness wash over me. I have to say this.. I try to gain the courage to knock on her door but stop. Seo-ah approached me from behind and greeted me. I noticed her soaked appearance and place my jacket over her. Don't catch a cold. She invited me in and I joined her. I wanted to stay longer but I knew that the longer I would stay, the less likely these words would be said.

"-Yesterday was a mistake. We shouldn't continue with whatever that was.." I feel a pain in my chest as I say those words. I don't want to hurt you Seo-ah..

I saw her face change when I said those words and saw a wave of hurt wash over her. "Seems like you make a lot of mistakes.." She continues speaking and I bite my lip to distract myself from the oncoming tears. It's for the best. I kept repeating in my thoughts.