album just for you (2) | dukekai

Start from the beginning

"hey it's okay new papa, we gotchu." fanum reassured him with a smile. "duke, wanna take a look?"

"sure," he fixed the wire that was connected to his baby, see her wrinkling her face up. dominique was wide awake and just kept looking around.

"so take the pad out like this," he unfolded it, "then put some witch hazel lightly before the aloe vera."

he placed it in order, "don't put too much because we don't know how his skin gonna react. but if you feel like you need more, tell duke that."

"okay." kai said, watching him take the top off some little jar.

"so this is some healing pads. it's actually called cooling pads."

"it's gonna sooth your pain so put them on each pad." alicia added, "especially you duke since you like to forget."

"ma..." he mumbled.

nonetheless, they kept nodding at the advice as they needed this. they were somewhat clueless.

"then boom you're done! it's easy right?" fanum looked at the couple being so amazed and eased out.

"question," kai spoke, "how you know about all of this?"

"well, josh family be having kids back to back lately so i learned from them. also...i'm dominican? we be doing this all the time." fanum responded.

kai just stared at him before him a huge hug. fanum widen his eyes before taking it in.

"thank you." he whispered in his ear, feeling warm tears coming through.

"don't cry, it's okay." he whispered back, "we gotchu."

kai sniffed as he pulled away and wiped his tears—he's still emotional after all this.

"crybaby." josh coughed out, making the setting a little better as he got some people to laugh.

"shut up." he laughed also.

he grinned and leaned to dominique, looking over to the baby with a neutral expression while sleeping.

"thank you," he kissed his face.

"for what?" deshawn asked.

"you gave me my blessing, my angel." kai responded, "this is my life being complete."

deshawn grinned, placing a kiss on his lips.

"look at the babé gruesa (chunky baby)!" fanum spoke in spanish, opening the door to kai looking more joyful and duke lowkey tired.

"she's awake?" kai bent over to see that she was, just peacefully sucking on the pacifier.

"y'all come in, we just made some nachos with meats and stuff." fanum told them.

"thank god, we've been running off fast food."

"what? why?" fanum said, locking the door back before reaching for the baby in the car seat.

"dominique needs attention 24/7. clingy baby," the shorter responded, smiling at the interaction between his best friend and daughter.

"oh you've been pegajoso (clingy)? huh?" he smiled down at her.

"definitely." duke yawned, feeling himself going to sleep on the couch. it was so comfortable.

"he's been going through it?"