glock six | dukekai

in which, they found out they are soulmates.

note: this is based and inspired on a AO3 oneshot by QuietlyWondering—that oneshot was around jaden x tyler. i just did a twist with it

enjoy, this is 4325 words! spent three days on this!

"well you have the name of a male on your back." the doctor flashed the light on kaiser back, making the boy bite his lips in nervousness.

"it says Deshaun, right?"

the doctor nods at his words.

in this life, you're greeted with a soulmate under on condition—you are assigned one. you can fall in love with someone else but your heart is always gonna follow the person you're assigned.

the name markings happened hundreds years ago, when the ancients made a ritual but didn't become successful until the seventh time. ever since, children have been born with the markings or they come through when they get older.

and that's happening to kaiser. unexpectedly it happened one night while streaming, feeling a harsh pain to the whole wide world to see. of course it was clipped, especially when fanum had to come into the room and help him to the bathroom before ending the stream.

"correct, you already looked at it before?"

kai nodded at the question. "i felt it burning my life away." he chuckled.

"well that's a good thing that you felt the first step. it healed pretty well and it's no complications. any questions for me kai?"

"what if i find my soulmate?"

this was a question that he was scared it was gonna come true. like what's he supposed to do in that situation, freeze up like nothing is happening to him?

it's gonna be a scary but meant to be feeling. he's gonna meet his soulmate for christ sakes.

"i will tell you one thing—don't freeze up in the moment. y'all gonna be probably explaining everything if it's a huge age difference or stuff like that. communication needs to be a first."

he took the doctors advice before receiving a subscription for so pain killers for his back.

"okay...thanks doc."

"no problem kai, see you next time."

"so how it'd go?" bruce voice echoed in the whole car as kai waited on his medicine to be done.

"it went okay, it didn't scar me or anything. asked some questions, that's it." he flickered with his fingernail, sighing loudly as he stressed out as ever.

he shouldn't be stressed as he grew prepared for this day but not hitting him like a steel pan.

"what's going on? talk to me." bruce heard the sigh, sitting his phone up after heating up his chipotle.

"keeping my composure is a struggle. i look okay around everyone but deep down inside i'm fucking scared. i prepared myself for this day but damn. i just got famous and now just me being in pain and distraught is all over twitter."

"ignore twitter, fuck what they saying. kai, it's okay to be scared. it's okay to be scared not knowing the unknown. this is a new chapter for you and just need to know how to handle it for yourself."

kai nodded at his words.

"i have a question."

"shoot."