we fell in love in october | 21metro

when sheyaa takes interest in the kindergarten teacher.

i needed to bring this ship back fr

"kai come on, y-your late for school." sheyaa yawned, waking his five year old up.

"i wanna stay home daddy..." he laid on sheyaa's stomach, sheyaa sighing as he knows his son has crippling anxiety.

it didn't improve for the past year, just becoming worst. and therapy sessions was too expensive, $390 a pop to enroll him in. he only had enough for two classes and that's it.

"you can't, i gotta go to work. to keep this roof under our heads, you still would like having your own room right."

"yes..." he sit up, creating grabby hands.

"okay then, let's get you to school." sheyaa kissed his son forehead, heading in the bathroom.

he quickly put the boy in his school uniform, lacing up his shoes and braiding his hair back. going to the school was a ten minute drive, speeding pass traffic lights to get there on time.

sheyaa grabbed the backpack for the passenger seat, shutting the door before getting son out the back. they walked in the front of the school, getting passed the front desk and closer to the homeroom.

kai felt himself being scared, not knowing his anxiety is rising.

"daddy i don't wanna..." he whined, stopping in his tracks.

"kai-"

"daddy!" he started to cry, making sheyaa bend down and wiping his tears.

"kai, i'm sorry...you're going to be okay here." sheyaa sadly said, feeling the emotion of failure get to him.

first he couldn't get his son proper therapy care and now he's crying in the hallway at the school.

i'm such a failure..sheyaa sighed, rubbing his son's back.

"hey, are you okay- kai?"

kai looked up at his favorite teacher, mr. wayne standing with his light clothing on.

"i-i'm sorry he's late. it hasn't been the best morning for him.." sheyaa tried to wipe his tears but failed as the boy moved quick to his teacher aura.

"it's okay, knowing him i know he be going through it."

"what you mean?" he raised his concern as it was personal.

"uh i know about his anxiety. h-he be talking to me after school about i-it." he stuttered, looking down at the floor, "it's only me that knows, he just wanted to vent to me."

"are you going to put that in his records? i can't let the CPS come back again for the fourth time."

"n-no but i should do that. but since it's personal, no." he said.

"thank you." he felt hundred bricks come off his shoulders.

"no problem." he shyly smiled, admiring the man's tattoos and face. he's very cute.

"kai, why won't you go in there and take your nap, all the kids are sleeping." mr. wayne smiled.

"yay, sleep time.." he tiredly said, walking in the quiet classroom.

"names sheyaa, his father."

"mr. wayne but call me leland." they shook hands.

"nice to meet you. i have to go to work so see you later cutie." he winked at him, making leland blush.

so that's kai's fine ass daddy is. leland hummed, closing the classroom door shut, looking around to see where his sweater go.

"where is my sweat- oh." he blinked before smiling, seeing kai sleeping in his sweater at his desk.

35 minutes until i wake everyone up.

"mr. wayne?" kai pulled on his pants leg, making leland look down.

"yes kai?" he smiled bending down to his level.

"why everyone has a mommy and i don't?" kai asked, "did she even want me?"

"baby don't say that. you have your daddy, he loves you. and i do too, i love you so much too." leland spoke, "you are surrounded by love."

"okay mr. wayne....wished you were my mommy." kai hugged him.

leland couldn't imagine how the boy felt. he probably so comfortable talking to him about it, his father doesn't know how he feels.

"i'm sorry i'm late..." sheyaa sighed, wiping his face with the rag.

"oh it's okay! we just finished talking about some things, am i right?"

"yeah. daddy look, i made a dinosaur in class today!"

"that's good kiddo." he raised his hand up, the boy giving him a high five.

"thank you so much for watching him while i'm running late."

"it's okay. i understand the struggle." leland smiled.

they locked eyes with each other, both parties creating a feeling in their stomachs. sheyaa smirked, lowkey re-gripping his son's backpack.

"i think you're pretty. i'll like to take you out if you don't mind..." sheyaa asked.

"sure..." he blushed, taking the phone from the taller.

"i'm an mechanic for a living. it's not much but it's making my money come through." sheyaa wiped his mouth as they were in a fancy restaurant, people chattering around the table.

"that's cool. i wanted to be an attorney for a living but i knew i couldn't make it through them years. my mental health was always shitty." leland shrugged, "so i became a teacher. actually i love this better than the law shit."

"...free YSL." they grinned before sharing a laugh.

"how long you been doing the teaching?" sheyaa took a bite in his meatballs.

"4 years. only reached up to being a second grade teacher but i like teaching the little ones, they bring the best outta me. especially your son. he's smart, picks up his surroundings quick."

sheyaa grinned, "he gets it from his momma."

"if you mind...since he came up to me about the subject..." leland trailed off, somewhat getting to the point.

"she died at childbirth. so i had him attached to the hip 24/7. everywhere i went, he came with me." sheyaa explains, "i'm trying to tell him soon but at the same time...he's so young."

"it's understandable. take your time with him," he lightly held on to the other man, giving him a sign of reassurance.

"what, is this your hideout spot?"

"basically." leland held on the champagne bottle, spinning in the open field before falling in the grass.

he giggled, watching the lanky man sit next to him, watching the white stars passing by.

"i found this in highschool, in october." leland nodded, sipping from the bottle.

"it's october now," sheyaa grinned, flipping his phone to see it's october the first, being one in the morning.

"woah," he smiled, "happy seven years i guess."

"i really enjoyed you today," sheyaa admited, "i like your vibe."

"i did too, never had someone take me outside like this before." leland smiled, putting his hand in the other.

"past experiences was shitty huh?"

"something like that." leland felt a normal warmth feeling his way, him gravitating to the warm of his lips.

they were just right, putting him in the place he needs to be at.

sheyaa hands went through his dreads, bringing his closer as they were lip locking. leland felt he was in heaven with everything.

everything was setting in the right place, time was just right.

part two 🌯?