Belly of the beast

Start from the beginning

Namjoon maintained his determined stride, his grip still unyielding on (y/n)'s wrist, even as she stumbled along behind him. Their steps left imprints in the soft earth. Her camp section slowly faded into the background as they veered off the beaten path, heading towards her old, much grander tent hidden from the prying eyes of soldiers and staff.

As soon as she stepped into the tent, it was apparent all hell had broken loose. The atmosphere inside was thick with tension, and chaos reigned. Everyone except the three eldest was crammed inside, shouting loudly at each other, their voices overlapping in a discordant symphony of anger and frustration.

(y/n) strained to decipher the words being hurled back and forth, it was as if her ears had been filled with cotton, muffling them into an indistinguishable blend. Amid the chaotic scene, her attention was drawn to a sudden flash of paper clutched in someone's trembling hand. It fluttered in the air. As her gaze fixed upon the envelopes, everything suddenly became clear. The paper, her letters, still sealed and unread.

Her heart plummeted into the depths of her stomach, a heavy anchor of dread and realisation. She had assumed that the nightblades that frequented the port in Gall Bluff who had promised he had posted them had lied. However, as she stood in the chaos of the tent, it became abundantly clear that he had not been lost at sea or ensnared in some dark conspiracy. The letters she had penned with her most profound thoughts and longings were not destined to remain undelivered. The nightblades had not deceived her.

Now aflutter in the air, her letters seemed to drift downward in a slow, dreamlike descent, as if they were submerged in a tranquil, weightless sea. How they swirled and pirouetted was a surreal sight, as if carried by invisible currents.

Without a moment's hesitation, (y/n) found herself on her knees, moving with a swiftness born of both desperation and joy. The world around her faded into the background as she gathered the delicate pieces of her heart and soul into a trembling pile, each letter a lifeline, each word a confession, and the ink upon the pages a testament to how much she had missed them. She remained oblivious to the underlying tones of betrayal in Taehyung's voice, his words laced with desperation as he implored to know why Jimin had chosen to hide away her letters. Nor did she register the commanding authority in Namjoon's voice as he demanded answers, his words cutting through the tense air like a blade. Even Jungkook's silent act of kindness, helping her pick up the fallen letters, went unnoticed in her state of frenzied distress.

Her attention had narrowed down to a singular focus - shielding the contents of her written words from prying eyes. In her mind, these letters contained emotions too raw and personal to be laid bare before these men. She clung to the idea that if they had read her thoughts as they had arrived, it would have been different. The emotions and experiences she had poured into those pages might have been understood with more empathy, and they would have realised why she had to leave. But this understanding never came to pass. In their eyes, she had vanished without a trace, leaving behind a void. The silence surrounding her departure was deafening, and their rift grew wider with each passing day.

It could have been different, and it was Jimin's fault. He was shouting back at namjoon about how (y/n) had stolen something that ruined him. It was the only way he could make it even. She had stolen something, so he had stolen any hope of things being the same again. Though what it was she had supposedly stolen, she had no idea.

It could have been different, and the blame for the escalating confrontation now squarely lay at Jimin's feet. His voice cut through the chaos like a searing knife, shouting back at Namjoon with a raw intensity that reverberated throughout the tent. The accusations were like a torrent of arrows aimed directly at (y/n), accusing her of a theft that had apparently shattered Jimin's world. Jimin's words painted a bleak picture. He claimed that she had stolen something, something so significant that it had irrevocably scarred him. To him, it seemed the only way to balance the scales was to take from her any hope of returning to the way things used to be.