Secret Ceremonials

The stream mirrored the sky above, both of them the kind of blue that colours a male peacocks chest

The stream mirrored the sky above, both of them the kind of blue that colours a male peacocks chest. (y/n) closed her eyes. The breeze that ran unchecked over the rippled surface blew her hair from her eyes and brought colour to her cheeks. Without the distraction of the view, she could detect the scent. The moist early summer air was fragranced with the pine trees that surrounded the creek. They grew so close that some had plunged in, and others hung roots into the water.

(y/n) had found the yellow flowers hidden in the foliage. They reminded her of her mother too much to leave, so she picked them. One for her mother, one for Shiro and one for Doeksu.

It was a strange situation, one she had no control over. Though she thought it would have hurt more. Instead, there was this hollow, empty feeling much like hunger, one that would leave eventually. Maybe if she didn't have that hunch of something terrible happening, it would have been worse. Perhaps her mind had already come to terms with the events before the event took place.

As soon as they returned home to the hut with one member down, after a long talk, Jin Taehyung and Jimin allowed Yoongi and Jungkook to find Deoksu and take their revenge. They returned with bloodied clothes and the man's old weapons, along with some documents he had been carrying. Nobody spoke about it. It felt almost taboo to bring it up.

It left the household mourning, each person in their own way. (y/n) found herself by the waterfall a lot. She would just watch the curtain of whitewater cascade over the rocks with little on her mind. It was easier to not think.

But it was alright. It would pass.

Moons had already been and gone with the new reality.

With a steady hand, (y/n) placed the flowers into the water one by one. All three drifted down the stream, over the waterfall and into the pool. When they floated out of sight, (y/n) sat in the dirt, legs crossed and back straight, and waited for the sun to fall.

The sound of muffled footsteps interrupted her thoughts. Namjoon jogged towards (y/n) and slumped down next to her. He sat legs outstretched, leaning back on his toned arms. (y/n) shuffled closer and put her head on his shoulder.

"I've come to collect you as it is time for bed."

(y/n) rolled her eyes and let out a dry chuckle. Either of them moved. They didn't have the effort or energy to leave the stream. It was calming.

"Aren't you mad?" (y/n) asked, her voice gentle as if not to disturb the forest.

"About what?"

"You didn't get a weapon of Shiro."

Yoongi had inherited a set of throwing knives, while Jungkook got Shiro's main blades. Taehyung had a long knife from Doeksu, and Jin and Jimin got both of Doeksu's swords. Hoseok and (y/n) took themselves out of the equation, saying that the weapons they had brought from