Chapter Twenty-Six.

Beginne am Anfang

"You know what I was thinking?" He said, shaking his head abd I knew whatever was about come out of his mouth was going to be total nonsense, yet I indulged him.

"What?"

"Maybe all this shit was meant to be, I mean, you dance with the devil long enough, he's bound to step on your feet."

"Sound like that coke's getting to your head." I informed him.

We laughed.

"Whatever. I'm going to snort a line off some poor girl's ass." Karl stood up.

"Any takers?" He appealed.

"No, thanks." Hector declined.

"Fernando?"

"No, I'm on duty tonight." I told him, referring to Jazmin. It's been a while since I last saw her, I should really go find her.

"You know, next time you consider bringing a date to one of my parties, Don't!" He told me before departing.

"Where is your lady, anyway?" Hector asked.

"I don't know. She's slippery, so you always have to monitor her."

Hector chuckled.

"She's probably not too far. Check the upper deck. The ladies seem to love that place."

"I'll do that."

I left my seat to go find Jazmin and, just like Hector suggested, she was on the top deck.

I watched her for a moment as she stood at the head of the boat, arms spread out and her head tilted back, hair floating in the breeze. She looked heavenly. I figured I'd stop being a creep and join her, so I walked up behind her and placed my hand on her waist. Jazmin yelped and spun around.

"God, you scared me," she said, placing a hand over her chest.

"What were you just doing?"

"Well, don't laugh, but I was pretending I was on the Titanic."

"What is that?"

"You know, the whole 'I'm flying, Jack' scene."

"Doesn't ring a bell."

She shook her head.

"You're such a weirdo."

"You should be mindful of what you say, especially when you're this close to a large body of water." I glared at her.

"Why are all your responses some sort of intimidation? Like the slightest provocation sets you off."

"How exactly am I supposed to respond to you calling me a weirdo?"

"I don't know. Call me one back, or at least something apart from a threat." She frowned.

"You're adorable, but not exactly persuasive."

"I'm very compelling."

"You're not."

"Okay, watch this," she declared, suddenly flipping her hair over her shoulders and pulling down the straps of her dress, revealing part of her breast.

"Woah, what the hell are you doing?" I asked, pressing my body firmly against her, preventing her from going any further.

"Being persuasive. I mean, wouldn't you like to take me right here?" she responded seductively.

My views moved from her alluring eyes down to the cusp of her breast. She was very tempting.

I swallowed hard.