*chapter fourty-four*

"Give it back!" Seth yelled playfully at me I stole a piece of bacon off is plate.

I laughed, leaning back in my chair, "Nope!"

I took a giant bite out of it and jumped up, Seth jumped up too chasing me trying to get it back anyway. Emily was laughing at us as she watched from the table. Seth wrapped his arms around me making me let out a little scream as he spun me around and took the bacon back from me. Paul walked into the house and instantly growled at the the two of us, making Seth put me back down on the ground and retreat to the table.

He'd become a lot more possessive since I'd returned. If I talked to any of the guys for more than a few minutes he would growl, or just get clingy and hold on to me. Part of me understood him being defensive and protective, but sometimes, like right now, it crossed the line of general boyfriend behavior and entered into being territorial. Paul had nothing to worry about with me and the pack, they were like brothers. Especially Seth.

Paul put his arm around me, his eyes still in a glare as we sat down at the table. I gave Seth an apologetic look, it wasn't his fault. It was mine, being gone so long and being honest about my activities while I was gone had made Paul be like this - it was something I'd have to deal with until he got over it. But I didn't know long it would take.

"We have some things we need to discuss as a pack." Sam said as he came in the house, "I'm calling a meeting around two. Everyone needs to be there." He eyed at Paul.

Paul had been skipping out on a lot of his responsibilities. He did it initially because he was heartbroken, but lately it was just to spend time with me. Even if I tried to push him to go he'd just convince me to let him stay, it was pissing Sam off to no end.

"We'll be there." Paul said, holding tighter onto me.

"This is pack only. You can tell her about it later."

Paul just growled, he didn't like letting me out of his sight. He was seriously afraid I was going to leave again.

"It's fine baby." I said kissing his cheek, trying to get him to relax for once.

We left after he ate and returned to his place. Recently we'd been splitting our time between both his and mine, I'd been back two weeks and it hadn't sold. Though people had come to look at it, and called about it, once they found out who the previous owners were they seemed to want nothing to do with it. I found that strange considering they didn't actually die in the house, but it seemed to be a universal agreement that the house held its own demons regardless of that fact.

I laid myself down on Paul's bed, as he moved around doing his laundry and mine that had gotten mixed in. He still looked angry.

"What's wrong baby?" I said rolling onto my side, placing my hand under my head. Fighting every urge in my body to make a Titanic reference right now.

"Do you have to flirt with everyone?" He snapped.

"Excuse me?"

"Every day I catch you flirting with the pack. What the hell Joni?"

"Ha no I don't."

He slammed the laundry basket against the wall, "Yes you fucking do. That thing with Seth today, are you kidding me?!"

"That wasn't flirting. Seth is like a little brother."

"And yesterday with Embry and Quil?"

"They took the fucking ball and wouldn't give it back. Monkey in the middle is not my idea of flirting Paul." My voice was rough, and I sat up from the bed glaring into his eyes, trying to burn a hole through him.