*chapter fourty*

The next two weeks I felt like a mess, more than usual. But I was trying my best to put on an act as though things were fine, as though I was fine. Whenever Paul or anyone asked me about my parents, I would play it off as though it was nothing. When news got out of what happened my phone was blowing up from people I knew in high school, and family I hadn't spoken to in years. I was ignoring them all, I didn't want to hear it.

I'd spoked to the detectives again, telling them in detail about the abuse I'd gone through at the hands of my father and they fully understood he could've done something so terrible. Prior to all of the information I gave them, they knew what he wanted everyone to know - just that he was a hard working man who did his best to provide for his family. The evil he hid was a surprise, all of Forks seemed to buzzing about it from what I'd heard from people and seen in the local news.

I found comfort in being around the boys, and at Paul's. Sue's house currently felt like a warzone. Bella being pregnant had created a greater divide between Leah and the pack, both her and Jacob had left the pack entirely to defend Bella and her baby. Or vampire? I'm not exactly sure what it is, considering Edward is a vampire and Bella is a human it's not likely that it would come out normal. That's what Sam believes too, he made the decision to kill it, or try to, before it can harm anyone else. Seth was likely to leave too, but that was an ongoing argument between him and Sue. She greatly supported Bella's right to choose what happened, and Seth's to defend her. But the issue was he was so young, and she didn't want him to put himself at risk again. She felt one time to protect Bella and the Cullens was more than enough. Leah deciding to do it, made sense for her for reasons beyond just Bella.

Paul and Jared were playing catch on the beach while Kim and I sat on the sand, these were the moments I loved. Paul was smiling running with the ball, juking past Jared jokingly. He looked so handsome when he smiled, and the way his arm tighten around the ball showing every muscle in it. I would never get tired of seeing him shirtless, every muscle and curve of his body. The boys ran over to us, Paul gently tackling me to the ground. His arm around my waist and that smile I loved so much on his face.

"How are you doing baby?" Paul said as he kissed my forehead.

"I'm okay."

"Just okay? Anything I can do to make it better?"

"I can think of a few things." I said and kissed him, passionately.

He pulled away and his eyes got a little wide, but was soon replaced by a sexy smirk, "We're gonna head back to my place."

"Sick we'll come with." Jared said as he stood up and reached for Kim's hand.

Paul gave him a look and I felt my face get red as the realization hit Jared of us wanting alone time.

"Actually we'll just go to Sam's."

We laughed and started walking to Paul's, it wasn't far from the beach. Just through a section of the woods and across the main road. He held my hand as we walked. After we closed the door I pulled his hand, pulling him down the hall and into his room. His eyes were dark, focused on me, he smirked as he came over to me sitting on the bed. Paul's lips touched mine as he laid me back on the bed, my arm wrapped around is back and other bent so my fingers could run through his hair. I felt butterflies as his hand touched my skin, below the shirt that ridden up. Touching Paul, kissing Paul, holding Paul was a beautiful distraction from all of my problems and I wanted more of it. My fingers moved to his jaw, holding it to the side to give me access to his neck and I kissed it and began sucking on it he gripped my hip. I heard him groan as I kissed back up bringing his lips to mine again. Paul grabbed my thighs pulling me up and turning me on the bed, and he moved back on top of me.