Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"Dios mío," The fat guy grunted as he doubled over in pain.

"Jazmin, put the pick down before you hurt yourself." Fernando tried to coax me into putting the weapon down but I wasn't going to have it.

"No." I shouted, but he made a step closer.

"Stay the fuck back or your inside are going to become real acquainted with your outsides." I threatened, holding the ice pick out in front of me.

Fernando scoffed, "Cease the pointless threats. We both know, the only person that object can cause harm to is you.", his arms crossing his arms at his chest and my heart sank in my stomach.

"W-was that a threat to my life?" I asked in a panicky voice. All the bravery in my body vanished.

"Come on, sweet girl, do you really think I'd hurt you?"

"I don't know. You drugged and kidnapped me. What else am I supposed to think?"

"I didn't kidnap you..." He glared harshly, and I shrank back.

"R-Really? Because I don't recall coming here willingly—" I glanced around the spacious living room before quickly bringing my gaze back to them. "Where exactly is here?

"This is my house." Fernando answered.

"How many places do you have?"

"How about I answer all your questions once you put the ice pick down."

"Okay, I'll sit the ice pick down if you agree to stay your distance and your scary friend leaves." I said, pointing the sharp end at the beefy man sporting a permanent scold.

"Jax, give us the room."

"But-"

"Leave us," Nando ordered and Jax nodded before leaving.

"Now may you..." Fernando motioned for me to put the ice pick down, and I hesitated, but slowly sat it down on the side table. The only thing separating us now was the love seat.

"Take a seat," He suggested, but I didn't want to so I stayed where I was and when he noticed this, he added, "I would rather not have to say it again."

My eyes widen and I planted my bottom on the sofa. He nod his head once in approval, before edging over to the bar, where I watched him pour two glasses of bourbon.

"Drink, " He said, stuffing the glass in my face and I stared at the brown substance suspiciously before speaking. "How can I be sure that isn't poison?"

"It's not." He insisted.

"Why would I take your word for it, you drugged me before, you probably upped the dosage this time so it'll knock me out for more than a day and that'll allow you amicable time to chop me up and sell my organs on the black market—" I rambled.

"Alright, alright, stop talking now." He demanded, so I sealed my mouth shut.

He lifted the glass to his face and pressed the edge against his lips as if to emphasize his point. He took a sip and swallowed harshly. "See, no poison..." still I wasn't convinced.

"What are you going to do with me?"

"Don't worry, I plan to show leniency," He told, passing me my drink.

"What do you mean?"

Fernando sighed.

"The price you would usually have to pay for witnessing what you did or even hearing any of these conversations is death."

My breath hitched in my throat as I stared at the man, who just announced that he could take my life so casually. "B-but..." I felt tears pool in my eyes.