With the timid sage under his wing, he could lead an ideal life, reaping the rewards of their collaboration.

"Lord Mevinson, I'm not here to point fingers but to seek your counsel."

"Counsel?"

Mevinson looked surprised.

"Yes, I'm aware of your previous work with the Droton royal family, and I'd like to request your assistance in revitalizing the Luin Territory."

"...!"

Mevinson shook his head awkwardly.

"H-Help from someone like me. It hardly seems worthwhile."

Raymond saw through Mevinson.

'He's really demoralized. It's because of the wounds he received during his time in management.'

Such feelings were entirely understandable. Mevinson was inherently timid and had experienced a severe setback.

Coupled with being labeled as incapable, the most incompetent sage, and enduring a barrage of ridicule and criticism behind his back, it was no wonder he had lost his self-assurance.

'This type of person needs to be praised as much as possible.'

Operation Confidence Boost!

He needed to help him regain his confidence and turn him into an infinite pushover.

"I'm also well-acquainted with your book, 'Monarchy.' It's one of the most inspiring works I've ever had the privilege of reading."

"Heh, heh."

Mevinson's countenance darkened.

"Monarchy" was his magnum opus, but ever since he had become an unsightly sage, it had fallen out of favor.

People had scorned him for being an overly outspoken sage.

"I've long wished to meet you, sage, and now I have this opportunity."

Mevinson stood there, utterly astonished.

Sensing that the atmosphere had lightened up sufficiently, Raymond cautiously retrieved the bone lance.

"As I mentioned, I've sought you out because I need your assistance. Sage, would you be willing to lend me a hand?"

"...!"

"I require the support of a sage of your caliber."

Mevinson's visage became rigid.

"That's... impossible."

"Why do you say that?"

"Are you unaware of my moniker? I'm known as the incompetent sage. I won't be of any help to you."

But Raymond shook his head.

"However, the insights within 'Monarchy' are incredibly profound."

"..."

"And the achievements you attained during your early career in administration were truly remarkable."

Raymond fixed his gaze on the sage.

"Do you realize that, sage?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're not the incompetent one."

"...!"

Coincidentally, the skill manifested at the right moment.

[To console the 'patient of the heart' who holds onto scars!]