•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

David

As a knight, they should be absolutely loyal to their master. No matter what, she is the duchess, the mistress of Dragun; insulting her is equal to insulting our master.

The Knights kept talking down on her, so I thought I would punish them by making three times the regular training.

But the duchess took the initiative and challenged the knight to a duel. That came out as a surprise to all the men present there. Then she went to the equipment area and came holding a sword. The way she held the sword, pointing straight at the knight, a substantial rise in her eyes yet calmness on her face.

As if she had fought many battles, her confidence, her rage as she stood before her enemy, her silence as if it were the silence before the storm.

Curiosity got the best of me; people say she is a weak, meek, pathetic woman without the world's knowledge.

But in front of me, what I see beg the differ. I wanted to see what was true or if I was the wrong one. That's why I interrupted Ivan from stopping the fight.

She stands still, all defenseless against her opponent. As he rushed to her, she moved to the side and made him kneel. Her movements are precise, and her response is accurate to her defense.

The fight drags on for something, but then, as if the air surrounding her instantly changes. 'she is a woman who drives changes, a unique woman who is not afraid of the danger ahead of her.'

She started striking back rapidly without giving a chance to counterattack. 'Each strike seemed to be roaring like a fearless lioness.'

With each strike, the knight moves backward. Each after another strike, each strike was more brutal than the previous one.' Everyone's heart beats in anticipation.' Finally, the knight was at her mercy.

The drill was quiet, man's breath stuck in their throat, and everyone was looking at the woman who held her head high with mixed feelings. I don't know what to name these, but it's new to me, to the duke, to everyone, and it is thrilling.

She apologized to us; no Nobel have ever done what she just did. She left in a hurry. I kept my eyes on her back until her shadow could no longer be seen.

'madam, you are different from the rumors. What does the future hold for the north..', I was looking forward to what the future holds.

*•*•*•*•*•*

Arya

In her room...

I came running to my room and shut the door. I sat down on the door front, my back in touch the door.

My hair stood on end, my heart was hammering, my body was trembling, and it felt like my whole world was spinning; breathing was hard. My blood ran cold.

'what happened there? How did I do that? My body, what happened to it? The sword...' one after another wave of questions came to mind, yet all unspoken.

"This body strangely has so much stamina. Even after the fight, I can't feel tiredness. Rather, I'm perfectly in shape."

I look at my hands. "Even in the back alley, when I fought with the goons, I could move my body so freely."

The torture from her(Arya) childhood flashed in my mind. "Ha.. surviving that, one needs to have a strong body. You ate all the herbs in the garden to strengthen your body, huh...Arya, indeed, you are something else."

"But I need to find the answer to my questions. Levana said I can be many while I am one. Does that mean there are many people like me? I need answers and the one who can give me that is… Levana."

I looked out the window. "It's still half past five, deep sighs.."

Miya was right behind the door, "Miya," I called her name out.

She entered, "Yes, my lady."

"Prepare something sweet for me; I'm craving it," I said, eyes glued to the outside world. I had to chase her away; I needed time to organize my thoughts.

"Anything else, my lady?" she asked.

"No," looking at the sky, painted in a light red-orange mix color. She left me alone.

Mumbling to myself, "If in the future my body acts like that again, I don't know what to do anymore," I said.

The dusky wind caresses my cheeks, brushing past me; sitting on the rocking chair, it moves back-and-forth motion... I tried to ease up from all that tension when,

knock… knock…

My eyes closed. "Come in." I heard light footsteps and a slight sound of steel. Maybe she put that platter on the table.

I was enjoying this moment when I sensed something was looming above me. A shadow blocking the sunlight from falling onto my face.

Slowly, I open my eyes, greeted by a handsome face. His eyes locked with mine. I could feel his breath on my face; his hair was down from wetness, water gliding down through his nape to his collarbone, and he smelled dewy and sea breeze. Sliding down from his hair to his nose tip, a drop fell on my cheeks,

The dusk light made it more alluring with its color. He looks so mesmerizing.

I smiled at him, trying to capture this picture. 'Who knows when I will have an opportunity like this? After all, you were not mine.'

He let go of the chair handle, cleared his throat, and looked to the other side. The tip of his ears is red.. 'how cute.'

He offered his hand, and I grabbed on and got up from my seat. Holding his hand, I came near the table. Like a gentleman, he pulled the chair out for me.

"Thank you," I replied to his kindness.

He did not say a word, but I think I know why he came to me this time. Truthfully, I don't know if I have the answers to his question.

______•°•°•°•______