The figure held the sword up to stab me. Just as the sword got closer to my chest, the door opened. My friend; Charles, came in.

"What's up, man?" he asked me.

I turned to my right. The figure had disappeared.

The second incident happened during a party Charles held in his house the next day. The dream I had scared me to the point that I started looking over my shoulder.

How did the cloaked figure enter my room?

Was it really there or did I just imagine it?

I can swear on my life that I am certain of what I saw. The figure was really there and it was about to stab me with the sword it held. If not for Charles, I'd be dead by now.

A whole party was going on around me yet I wasn't interested.

I was the one who gave Charles the idea for this party yet I wasn't even into it. I was too bothered about the cloaked figure I saw.

"Hey Jack" a high pitched voice said from beside me.

I turned to my right to see a pretty girl by my side. She was dressed in a revealing red dress that left little to the imagination.

She looked familiar. It seems like I've seen her before but I can't put my finger on it.

"Hi?" I spoke.

"You don't remember me, do you?"

I shook my head "I'm sorry, I don't. Please, remind me"

"I'm Maddie. We met at a sorority party two weeks ago"

I remember her now. We hooked up that night. She was gone the next morning.

I smiled at her "It's nice to see you again"

She moved closer to me. She trailed her fingers up and down my chest.

"What's a hot guy like you doing all alone?" she whispered seductively.

I'm here thinking about how I got a demon-like figure to follow me out of my dream.

I gave her a tight lipped smile "I'm just chilling"

"Let me help you out"

She leaned in and kissed my neck.

I was grateful for the distraction. I needed it.

I closed my eyes, trying to get into it.

I felt her hands on my crotch. I moaned in pleasure.

This is exactly what I need to unwind and get my mind off things.

All of a sudden, I felt a cool chill throughout my whole body.

I opened my eyes. I came in contact with the cloaked figure again.

He stood in the corner of the room.

I flinched in fear.

Maddie had a confused expression on her face "What's wrong?"

I pointed to the figure "Do you see that?"

She looked at the direction I pointed "Yeah. A couple making out. What's wrong?"

"No. The cloaked figure behind them"

"There's nobody there. Are you okay?"

The figure walked closer to me. Chills ran down my body.

Without thinking, I jumped up out of the couch and made my way up the stairs.

When I got to my room, I locked myself inside it.

The next night, I had a vivid dream.

I woke up in tied to a chair. I couldn't move. My hands were bound by metal.

The cloaked figure stood in front of me.

"What do you want?" I screamed "Stop tormenting me"

"I'll stop as soon as you confess your sins"

"What fucking sins?"

I struggled against the metal bands but it was no use. They were too tight.

Fear filled my body. I was alone with the figure in this dark room and he's holding a huge sword. He can do anything to me.

My heart rate increased faster than usual.

"Confess that you raped Catherine" the said.

Its voice echoed through the room like an ethereal being. It sent goosebumps down my arms.

I was shocked. Is this what this is about?

"Why should I?" I spat out "She wanted it. She kept wearing shorts around the house"

"Is that so?" the figure answered in a chilling tone.

In that moment, I regretted my words. The tone of his voice showed that he was angry.

"I'm sorry" I said "I-"

Before I could say another word, the figure raised his sword and cut off two of my fingers.