It's Trust

(Preview!)

"I'll always put myself on the line..." the center outstretched his arms to cover the team.

"...to protect the members of Seirin! That's what I came back for!"

∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘

End of the second quarter.

Seirin - 45

Kirisaiki Daiichi - 40

It was time for the 10-minute intermission before the second half of the game.

Kuroko was shoved by Hanamiya, "Move!"

"Wait!" Kuroko stopped Hanamiya.

"Why do you play in such an underhanded way? Do you really enjoy winning like that?" Kuroko asked the captain of the opposing team.

His glare changed when he saw the phantom man.

"Tetsu-kun...?" You turned to see your friend talking to the captain of the opposing team making you worry.

"Of course not." Hanamiya started, grabbing his jersey to look like the "victim". That shocked Kuroko slightly.

You watched on, having a hunch on what was about to happen.

"But if I don't do it, how am I supposed to beat teams with members of the Generation of Miracles? I made a promise. I'll place first in the Winter Cup, and..." Hanamiya said "heartfelt" words that would usually move a person's heart but you knew what he meant.

He started laughing, getting Kuroko surprised, "I'm kidding, idiot." Hanamiya stuck his tongue out at Kuroko.

The blue-haired male gasped in shock at the display of taunting, you were right about him. You knew he was going to pull some cheap trick to insult others.

"They say the misfortune of others tastes like honey. Don't get the wrong idea, goody-two-shoes. I don't want to win. I want to see guys who've worked hard and devoted their youth to basketball grind their teeth as they lose." Hanamiya smirked.

He walked up to Kuroko, invading his personal space, "Do I enjoy it? Yeah, I do. What I did to your seniors last year was a masterpiece."

"Bastard!" Kagami was about to walk up to Hanamiya for saying such things but Izuki stopped him, "Kagami!"

"I won't forgive him..." The team turned to you, they grew shocked at your glare that could kill someone.

"I won't forgive him...!"

Aomine who was walking out of the stands to go to the bathroom saw your face and Kuroko's, "Hm. She's getting more serious. Tetsu, too." He walked to the bathroom.

'You're about to lose. Angering Tetsu is one thing. But angering the Queen? Now you've done it.'

"I hope you don't think that's the end of it. You're only just starting to grind your teeth. Keep watch of your manager too. She might become a masterpiece if you're not too careful." He walked away with his team to their locker room.