You Look Just Like Him - Part 2

The Seirin basketball team was still at the community pool. Suddenly Momoi, the second manager of the Teiko basketball team appeared to greet them and reunited with Kuroko and you.

____________

"He looks just like you." Momoi hunched down to pet Number 2, but he only clung to your chest more.

She looked at the dog with a smile, "What's wrong? He's so cute!" She squealed even when the dog looked away from her and gave her a side-eye.

"Haha! Sorry about him. He's not good with others other than the team." You apologized for Number 2.

"Ah, it's fine. He looks just like Tetsu, I can't be mad at that face." Momoi smiled at the dog who only whined and hid under your chin.

The others went to dry themselves off as they let you and Kuroko catch up with Momoi.

"Congratulations on advancing to the championship league." Momoi congratulated the two of you.

"Momoi, aren't you going, too?" Kuroko asked her.

She grew a little surprised, "Huh? Did I already tell you?"

"You literally just said you couldn't wait until the championship league Momoi-chan..." you mumbled with a worried sweat drop.

Kuroko nodded, "That's what I heard as well."

Momoi chuckled to herself as she looked at the ceiling of the indoor pool, "Did I?"

"Yes," Kuroko responded.

"The next time we meet, we'll be on different benches," Momoi said, which made you remember you'll be each other's opponents in the future.

"Yes," Kuroko replied, you only gave a nod.

"I watched a video of your game against Midorin. It was a great game. Kagami. He plays just like he used to play." Momoi gave a smile with her eyes closed but you knew that smile wasn't reaching her eyes.

"Yeah, he does..." You mumbled, "Yes..." Kuroko also thought back to the moments when Aomine used to play then he does now.

"Watching you two play, having (Y/N)-senpai on the bench helping you by giving out strategies to you. It brought back memories." Momoi said, making you think back to the past.

(Flashback)

"Nice pass, Tetsu!" Aomine smiled at Kuroko.

"Kurochin, Minechin, you guys are as infuriatingly in tune with each other as usual." One of the Teiko played spoke.

Kise was seen beside him, "Kurokocchi, I wish you'd pass to me sometimes!" He whined.

"Tell the captain or (L/N)-san," Kuroko replied.

"After watching that play, we'll have to make this our standard course." The captain stated.

"Great job you two!" You smiled, waving to the boys from the bench with the coach.

"I really don't get it. Tetsu, we can't agree on anything else, but we play basketball so well together." Aomine smiled at the shorter male.

"I wonder why." Kise wondered.

"Kuroko is a shadow." Midorima explained, Kise was still confused, "What?"

"The stronger the light, the darker the shadow. In other words, working with a stronger player makes Kuroko's abilities even stronger. It's not as though we are not in tune with Kuroko. But Aomine is the strongest. If he works best with Kuroko, then he must shine brighter than the rest of us."