The Start of a New Chapter

It was the beginning of a new year.

Now graduated from middle school.

(L/N) (Y/N) Is about to start her new chapter in life.

"Would you like to play some Shogi?"

"Join the gaming club!"

"Have you ever read a book? Come join the book club! We have manga and many more!"

"Hm? Opening day, huh? As expected, people are trying to persuade others mostly first years to join their clubs." You hummed, walking in front of the of the school of Seirin Private High School.

Walking around you tried to find the place where the basketball club is seated to join. "Jeez...I can't find it. And I filled in my paper early too..." You slumped in slight depression before recovering as you heard some voices in the gym.

"That's right! I can maybe ask the coach or an upperclassmen there to join!" Having a plan in mind, you sprinted to the gym to see the people who just joined the club.

'I'm a bit late but I'll ask after the coach finishes her assessment.' You thought, looking over the boys lined up.

'Hm...Most of them can do average workouts, far less than what the boys do at my old school. But they may seem promising in the future perhaps.' You eyed every one of them before your eyes landed on a red-haired man who was the tallest out of the people who signed up.

'By far, he's the most with the most experience and muscle mass in the whole branch. But...Will it be enough for the tournaments?' You spoke in your mind before listening to the coach who had short hair.

"All right, looks like all the first-years are here!" An upperclassman spoke up.

You saw some of the first-years talk about the coach who they thought was the manager talking to an upperclassman. Suddenly, a man with glasses hit the two behind the head by saying such rude things to her.

"Morons, you're wrong." The male scolded.

'He looks to be the captain. He sure has a presence of one.' You looked at the man with glasses and a green shirt.

"I'm the Boys' basketball club coach, Riko Aida. Nice to meet you." Riko smiled at the group of first-years.

Her introduction of saying she's the coach shocked them all, "WHAT?!" You only smiled knowing it already.

"It's not him?" Asked a first-year.

"That's our advisor, Mr. Takeda," Riko explained, The said elder slowly lifted his head to smile at the group in greeting.

"Seriously?!"

"You've got to be kidding me."

Riko smiled in amusement before turning serious, "So now that you're acquainted with Mr. Takeda..."

"...take off your shirts!"

.

..

...

"Huh?"

"What?! Why?!"

Eventually, they all listened and took off their shirts. Riko walked in front of each male to assess their physical condition.

'As I thought. Not bad for first-years. But not enough. That one must at least be able to do 50 side jumps in 20 seconds.' You held your chin, looking at their form.