It's Not Like That

(Preview!)

"Yes! Way to go Kagami! Tetsu-kun!" You shouted, raising a fist in the air.

Midorima scowled at the blue-haired man, "Kuroko."

"I'm sorry. I can't let you take the first quarter that easily." Kuroko stated, having a serious face for once.

___________________________

"They can pass like that?" Izuki asked in bewilderment.

Midorima was going to shoot another three but noticed Kuroko already preparing to do his trick again and passed it.

"Thanks to Tetsu-kun's lack of presence, Tetsu-kun's able to pass even from one side of the court to the other! But it only works more effectively if Shin-kun goes for a three." You explained to Riko and the others.

"Shin-kun's team returns to defence during the long hand time of his shots, and that's good for dropping run and gun plays. However, not everyone goes back. Just in case Shin-kun missed, they left someone to rebound the ball. That hand time will turn back on them like karma!" You said.

"So that means, if Shin-kun goes back, Kagami goes back too. We can counter Shin-kun with a really fast break by running past him. That's why Shin-kun can't shoot." You lifted your finger to your lips.

Your face turned serious for what you're about to say, "Kuroko's accuracy is hard to beat when he's in tune. His timing and decision-making for such plays are what make him an amazing player! That's a battle-hardened warrior alright!"

Takao had the ball and passed it to Ōtsubo to get past Izuki and Mitobe and scored a point back.

Izuki and Kuroko got them right back, scoring another. Riko and the others grew happy over the team being able to change the flow of the game.

"Takao, Kimura, change marks." Shutoku's coach told them to change player makes. Takao stopped in front of him, "Takao, get on number 11."

'They're marking Tetsu-kun...?' You suddenly get a bad feeling.

"It doesn't matter who's on him. He's so invisible, anyone would lose him." Kawahara was confused about why they'd change marks.

Riko thought the same while you had a hunch and grew even more worried.

Seeing Takao pass behind him without looking back made you realize something. You knew Izuki felt it as well.

"He has it too...!" You mumbled, 'But it's more different than Izuki's...It's a better version I bet.' You thought.

"I know this would happen. Shin would say it's our fate to fight against each other. I didn't think we'd face each other so soon. It occurred to me to first time we met." Takao spoke to Kuroko since he's the one now marking him.

"You and I are the same kind of person. We're both first-years, too. Passing is our bread and butter. So I guess you could say I hate you because you're like me. I just don't want to lose to you. Especially when such a pretty lady is in my sights." Takao's last phrase slightly shocked Kuroko, but he kept it on the downside.

Kagami noticed the change in marks, "What do you think you're doing? No matter how fast Takao is, that's not the way to handle Kuroko."

"I am already familiar with Kuroko's abilities. You will see soon enough." Midorima stated.

As he said that, Takao caught the ball that was about to be touched by Kuroko. He passed it to his teammate who scored.

"I've never felt this before, but I think...it's because there's something different about you," Takao said.