Taken

Moon's p.o.v.

"Are you serious Vanessa? I wasn't joking about what I said about him." I asked stunned and Vanessa tipped her hat down a bit.

"I'm sorry Moon but we have no right to keep a child from their legal guardian. You have to let her go." She explained and I frowned clenching my teeth as I growled.

"I won't do it. She belongs here with us. She's been through enough." I growled and Mike stepped up again.

"She's not yours. Give me my daughter now." He demanded and I snapped, backhanding him across the face and sending him to the floor.

I heard Vanessa shout at me but it was drowned out by my rage as I grabbed Mike by his shirt and lifted him into the air before reeling my arm back and punching him in the face. I heard a satisfying crunch as his nose began to bleed along with his lip from when I smacked him. He began to struggle and let out a string of cusses before I spun my torso and threw him into the wall.

"She stays here."
"She stays here."

Sun and I said in unison as I stalked towards the cowering man.

"Get up! If you can't handle half of what that little girl has gone through then you don't deserve her! You speak about her as if she is an object to be owned! You make me sick!" I shouted clenching my fists as my eyes cast a red hue over the pathetic worm in front of me.

"Moon stop this now! Do you want to be decommissioned!?" Vanessa ordered and I turned to face her.

"Please Miss. Vanessa, don't take her from us. W-we can take care of her! A-And And we take full responsibility for her! You won't have a single problem I promise!" Sun begged and Vanessa sighed as her shoulders slumped.

"Sun I wish I could help but there's nothing I can do. He is her father. I'm sorry." She apologized and I sneered down at her. I was about to say something when I heard Naya scream and I was quick to run to the ball pit with Vanessa behind me.

"Naya!"
"Naya!"

When I got to the ball pit Mike was there dragging Naya out of it as she clung to the edge.

"Moon now let's think about this!" Sun suggested but it was too late.

"Sunny! Moony! Help! I don't wanna go!" Naya cried and I darted for them only to be stopped by Vanessa when a painful surge of electricity went through my body. I screamed as I fell to my knees and looked up to see Naya fighting against Mike with all her might. I reached out for her groaning in pain only to have another surge shoot through me.

"Please I don't wanna go! You're not my daddy! I don't wanna go with you! Stop it!" Naya cried kicking and squirming but I could only watch as he picked her up and held her tight.

"Please Miss. Vanessa, don't do this!" Sun pleaded but it fell on deaf ears as she simply turned and walked away.

I grit my teeth refusing to go down without a fight and slowly got to my feet . My head spun and my vision was a bit hazy but I pushed through it as I stumbled towards Mike and Naya. He was heading for the door and I knew I had to get to them before I was to late.

Quickly, I attached my cable to my back and flew up before stretching my arms out and wrapping around Naya. I quickly but carefully pulled her up to me and held her tight as she clung to me.

"Naya!" Mike shouted shocked and irritated but I paid no mind to him as I focused on the trembling little girl in my arms. Her eyes were wide with fear and she had tears streaming down her face as she clung to me.

"Shh, it's okay Starlight. We've got you." I shushed and gently rubbed her back while pressing a kiss to the top of her head. She relaxed a bit in my arms but still clung to me, trembling.

I finally looked down at Mike who had been yelling this whole time and frowned. It was then that Vanessa came back in and shined her flashlight up at me before turning the lights on.

"NO!"

Sun's p.o.v.

I flinched as Moon and I suddenly switched when the lights came on and I quickly realized why he was so upset by it. We were still in the air by the cable and I was terrible at using it. Soon enough I lost control and fell getting tangled up in the cable while holding Naya close to me protecting her.

"Sun it's time to let go." Vanessa ordered and I frowned doing my best to shield her from them while still stuck.

"No! I can't allow her to leave with him! She's made such progress towards healing and he's only going to ruin it!" I argued but Vanessa didn't seem convinced. Instead she stalked closer and moved to the back of my head.

"No! No please! Please I'll do anything just don't-" My words were cut off as Vanessa flipped a switch and my body shut down. I could still hear and see everything but I couldn't move.

"Sun? Sunny wake up! Please Sunny I'm scared!" Naya begged but I was unable to do anything.

I felt pathetic and helpless as they pried Naya from my hold. Naya's screams and cries rang through the daycare as she was picked up and carried towards the door.

"Sun! Moon! Don't let him take me! Please!" She begged but I could only watch in dismay as the two of them disappeared out the doors of the daycare.

The room was silent aside from the normal music playing and for a moment I thought I had been left here. That is until the switch was flipped again and I was untangled as I regained control of my body. I fell to my knees and looked up to see Vanessa standing there with a hand on her hip.

"Because he isn't suing, I won't have you decommissioned. I'm sorry Sun, it had to be done." She said and turned on her heel, walking out and leaving Moon and I alone.  We sat there silent and hurt.

We had failed to protect Naya and now we'd never see her again.

"Our Little Sunshine."

Thank you all for reading this story, liking, and commenting. I really appreciate it and can't wait to start on the sequel to this. I'm thrilled to say this is my first ever completed story and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

If you want to read the sequel it's called "When the Stars Align"  I really hope you all enjoy it as much as you did this.