Bad Friend?

Naya's p.o.v.

Looking ahead I found a woman in a security guard's outfit with her blonde hair tied in a ponytail standing in front of us. Growing nervous, I let go of Chica's hand and hid behind Sundrop, clinging to his pants. I didn't know who this woman was but she sounded and looked angry and it reminded me of my mommy making me whimper.

Sun must have noticed my discomfort and fear because his hold on my hand tightened slightly as he looked down at me in reassurance then back at the woman in front of us. She was still waiting for an answer and I could tell she was growing impatient.

"Vanessa! Funny seeing you. Shouldn't you be home?" Sun asked trying to dodge her question but she wouldn't allow that.

"Don't try to change the subject Sun. Why is there a child here? The pizzaplex hasn't opened yet so she must've been here all night." She repeated, demanding an answer and he rubbed the back of his neck.

"She was left by her parents. Moondrop and I didn't see the harm in her staying the night as long as she behaved. This way her parents can come get her today. I promise she was very well behaved all night." He explained and she crossed her arms seeming annoyed by the situation.

"And why didn't you tell me about her sooner? I could've tried to contact them."

"It was well past closing time when I found her. I didn't want to bother you." He answered and the woman I now know as Vanessa looked at me making me squeak as I hid further behind Sun. I heard her sigh as she rubbed her temples before coming to a conclusion of some sort.

"Fine she can stay. But she better not be here after closing tonight or I'll have no choice but to take her. Do you understand me?"

"Yes of course! I'm sure they'll come for her in no time! Don't you worry about a thing!" Sundrop responded nodding and I watched as she turned and walked away.

"Sunny I don't like her. She reminds me of mommy." I said tugging on his pants lightly and he looked down at me then back at where Vanessa went.

"I understand Sunshine but she's just doing her job. Now we should get back before the pizzaplex opens." He encouraged and I nodded giving Chica a hug that she gladly returned before following Sun back into the daycare.

Once inside, I took off towards one of the tables wanting to color until I was suddenly picked up. Looking back I saw that Sun's arms had extended to wrap around me and I squealed as I was lifted off the floor.

"No no Sunshine. I told you you were going in time out for a bit since you broke your promise." He reminded pulling me back to him and I frowned. After running into Vanessa I had forgotten I was going to be punished when we came back.

"Can I have Mr.Teddy?" I asked looking up at him and he nodded as he carried me under his arm and picked up Mr.Teddy along the way.

I expected him to put me in the corner for the time out but was surprised when he carried me into a small separate room. It was empty for the most part except for a few pillows and blankets. The walls were decorated with clouds and a few rainbows as well as drawings that must've been done by other children. When he set me down in the small nest of blankets and pillows, I looked up at him as he pat my head.

"Since you haven't done anything too bad you'll stay here for five minutes okay?" He informed and I nodded a bit worried as I hugged Mr.Teddy close when he was given to me. I guess my concern was obvious because he crouched down to my height and ruffled my hair

"You'll be okay Sunshine. I promise! After this we can play and do whatever you want and when the rest of the children arrive we can play with them! Sound good?" He asked and I nodded. He pat my head again before standing and walking out, shutting the door behind him.