Tomorrow is another day

Naya's p.o.v.

I woke up awhile later to the lights in the daycare turning on and rubbed my eye groaning. Feeling movement, I looked up to see Sun and realized I was laying in his lap. He smiled down at me and booped my nose with his fingertip.

"Hello Sunshine! Nap time is over and it's time to get up!" Sundrop exclaimed and I crawled out of his lap. Stretching, I watched as Sun woke up the rest of the children before heading to a door along the wall of the daycare.

As the kids began waking up I grabbed Mr. Teddy and set him in a small chair before picking up the blankets and folding them. While folding one of the blankets a girl around my age came up and watched me fold it.

"What are you doing?" She asked and I looked at her.

"I'm cleaning up!"

"But mister Sun didn't say it was clean up time yet. Why are you doing it now?"

"Cause if I don't clean up after everyone mommy will hit me." I answered thinking it was the most obvious thing.

"Your mommy hits you?" She asked and I nodded.

"Uh huh! She says it's how she shows she loves me!" I explained and she looked surprised. Soon after she picked up a blanket and started helping me clean up. Within a few minutes we got all the blankets and pillows cleaned up and Sun came back with snacks and juice boxes for everyone.

"Wowie who cleaned up!?" He asked surprised and the girl and I raised our hands.

"Well thank you! You didn't have to do that yet but I do appreciate it!" He exclaimed smiling and gave us some snacks and juice. Walking over to the table I sat Mr. Teddy at, I sat down and started eating.

Sundrop's p.o.v.

After handing out all the snacks to the children I smiled as they all sat down and talked with each other as they ate. I was surprised that Naya and Jessica had cleaned up all by themselves but I wasn't going to complain. As I watched the children I felt a tug at my pants and looked down to see Jessica standing there.

"Oh hello Jessica! Did you need something?"

"Mister Sun if my mommy hits me does that mean she loves me?" She asked and my smile fell as I crouched down to her level placing my hand on her shoulder.

"Who told you that?" I asked concerned and she pointed at Naya who was eating at a table alone.

"She said that if she doesn't clean up after everyone then her mommy hits her. She said it was how her mommy shows she loves her." She explained and I got up making my way over to Naya.

"Naya does your mommy hit you?" I asked crouching down so I was eye level with her and she nodded as she ate a carrot.

"Uh huh. Mommy said it's how she shows her love and if she doesn't do it then I won't know she loves me. See" She answered and lifted he shirt to show a large dark bruise on her stomach.

"Sun"

" I know Moon. This isn't right."

"We can't let her go back."

"We have no choice Moon. If they show up we have to let them take her. They're her parents."

"No parent should hit their child. Ever."

Pulling Naya's shirt back down, I held her hands and looked into her eyes.

"Naya that's not how you show love."

"It's not?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No"

"Then does that mean mommy doesn't love me?" She asked sad and I hugged her.