Nap Time

Naya's p.o.v.

"Clean up! Clean up!" Sun sang to himself as he carried me under his arm.

Everything was fine until he suddenly stopped and we both looked to the right to see a little boy around four or five staring at us as well. His face and clothes were covered in glitter glue as he held a purple bottle of it in his hand. To my surprise he even had some in his hair and I tilted my head seeing it was around his mouth a lot. Was he eating it?

"Little friend, glitter glue is not for eating." Sundrop said sounding a bit annoyed as he picked the little boy up as well and carried us both to a sink.

Once there, Sun helped us clean up and I giggled at the boy as he fussed about his hair being messed with. This seemed to catch his attention as he stared at me. The two of us stared at each other in silence as Sun looked between the two of us before suddenly getting an idea.

"Hey Sunshine why don't you two become friends!?" He asked and I looked up at him then back to the boy about to say something when I noticed he was gone and already halfway across the room. Unsure of what to do, I stood there silent.

"O-oh well maybe he wants you to follow him?" Sun suggested realizing how awkward the situation had gotten and I shook my head.

"It's okay. I don't need anymore friends cause I got you and Moon." I responded looking up at him and he placed his hands against his cheeks before scooping me up in a hug.

"Awww thank you Sunshine! I promise we'll be best friends forever!" He cried twirling around with me in his arms and I smiled hugging him back.

"Now why don't you run along and play. We've got a bit more time before it's nap time" He informed and I nodded as I went back to the table I was at.

Picking up Mr.Teddy, I went over to one of the play structures and climbed inside making my way to the top. Once there I sat down and looked out at the rest of the children as they played together and ran around. While part of me wanted to play with them, I was too shy to go up to any of them so I stayed in my hiding spot in the play structure.

I watched everyone play together and watched Sun as he interacted with the kids. It made me wonder if he even knew where I was since he seemed so focused on the other children. Sighing, I opened the zipper on the back of Mr.Teddy and pulled out my headphones and ipod. It was the only special thing mommy let me keep cause she said it shut me up and kept me away from her.

Turning it on I began listening to my music and closed Mr.Teddy back up, hugging him close. I wasn't sure how long it had been but soon the lights turned off and I noticed the room grew quiet. Thinking I was alone, I began quietly singing to myself unaware of the attention I had drawn to myself.

Moon's p.o.v.

"Finally all the children are asleep. Now I can relax as well. ...Hold on. 1,2,3..." I slowly counted the children as I looked around and realized I was missing one.

"Sun are you sure this is all of the children?" I asked confused.

"Of course! How could I forget about a child Moon." He answered in my head and I frowned. Something didn't seem right here but what was it? Wait a minute...

"NAYA!"
"NAYA!"

We both cried in our thoughts and I began searching for the missing little girl.

"Sun how could you have forgotten about her!?" I asked annoyed and could tell he was worried and disappointed with himself.

"It's not like I meant too! Oh fiddlesticks where could she be?" He said and I stopped as a quiet sound caught my attention.

"WHY ARE YOU STOPPING!? WE NEED TO FIND HER!!!" Sun cried and I frowned annoyed with his shouting.

"Will you shut up. I hear something." I spat trying to listen.

"Moon that's mean" Sun whined and I rolled my eyes.

I quietly followed the sound that grew to be soft singing to one of the taller play structures and looked up at it. Realizing someone was inside I climbed inside of it following the voice as I grew louder the closer I got. Soon I found the source to be Naya as she sat in a cubby at the very top of the play structure.

"Oh thank goodness she's alright...Moon?" Sun said but I was too focused on the child in front of me singing. Her voice was beautiful and it made me wonder how much training she went through and how early she started.

"You'll be visited by sleep,"
"I promise you that soon the autumn comes to steal away each dream you keep."
"Breathe, breathe, breathe"

She sang and sighed resting her head back against the wall once she finished her song. It was then I decided to move closer trying not to scare her.

"There you are Naya. We were worried about you." I said sitting in front of her and she flinched as she opened her eyes to look at me while pulling out her headphones.

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright little star. Why aren't you with the others sleeping? It's nap time and you're up past your bedtime." I asked and she looked down.

"I can't." She said quietly and I sighed as I scooted closer and pulled her onto my lap.

"I know little star. Remember I'm right here and they're just dreams. They can't hurt you. I won't let them." I assured and she looked up at me with big innocent eyes.

"But Moon they're so scary." She whined and I thought for a moment trying to figure out what I can do to help her sleep this time.

"Would a lullaby help?" I asked and she nodded a little.

"Alright little star, let's get you out of here and back with the others." I said and held her close to me as I climbed out of the play structure.

Once out I carried her back to the other children and sat down with my legs crossed letting her lie on my lap. Naya looked at the other children who were sound asleep then back at me as I handed her her teddy bear and covered her up with a blanket. With that I began playing the music box stationed in my chest and watched as Naya began relaxing against me.

"Moon?"

"Yes Naya?"

"Thank you for caring for me. Both of you. You're the best friends I could ever ask for." She thanked yawning and I smiled a little as I pet her head.

"You're welcome little star. Now go to sleep." I said and she closed her eyes snuggling into the blanket and my chest.

"I love you." She muttered before falling asleep and I froze staring at her with wide eyes.

"Awww that's so cute!!! I love her too she's so sweet and cute and fun to play with and Moon are you listening to me? Are you okay?" Sun asked but I wasn't listening too stunned by what Naya had said.

"She...She loves me?" I questioned surprised since every other child either liked Sun more or was afraid of me. I sat there in thought for a few moments before smiling as I brushed some of her hair out of her face.

She loves me.