Is This Goodbye?

Naya's p.o.v.

After the arguement Sun had with my dad he seemed a bit off. I watched him throughout the rest of the day and eventually all of the children left. I deceided now was the best time to talk to him as we cleaned up the daycare. He always checked in on me to see if I was okay so I thought I would do the same for him.

"Sunny?" I called watching as he walked around picking up toys.

"Yeah Sunshine?" He responded not taking his attention from his task.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he froze turning his head to look at me.

"Of coure I am! Why wouldn't I be!?" He blurted and I tilted my head noticing he seemed stressed and worried.

"No you're not. Why are you fibbing?" I asked and he began stuttering as he quickly put the toys away.

"N-No  I'm just fine starlight! Why do you ask?" He stammered and I puffed my cheeks out frustrated. Seeing he wasn't going to talk, I made my way to the light switch while Sun followed confused. That was until he realized what I was going for.

"N-Now Sunshine, there's no reason to bring Moon into this right?" He asked now chasng after me but I ignored him.

"Let me out Starlight!" Moon suddenly spoke and Sun's right eye switched to Moon's red one. I watched him cover it and smile sheepishly at me.

"I'll save you Moony!" I cried and quickly hit my fist against the light switch making the two switch out.

When I turned back around I found Moon standing where Sun was, stretching,  He seemed upset as well but I had the feeling it had something to do with Sun. I didn't want to upset him but I wanted to know what was wrong with Sun.

"Moony?" I questioned and he looked at me and gave me a warm smile as he strolled over and picked me up.

"Hello Starlight! When did you start calling me that hm?" He asked poking my nose and I giggled.

Moon's p.o.v.

I smiled at Naya in my arms as she giggled and did my best to not make it obvious I was trying to distract her. Sun had been so paranoid today that he hadn't wanted to let me out and fought me. I didn't want Naya to know about it and worry so I figured the best thing to do is change the subject.

"Do you like it?" She suddenly asked and I put a hand to my jaw as if in thought and hummed.

"Hmm. I don't know. I think..." I trailed off and Naya began bouncing in my arm eager.

"I do!" I suddenly exclaimed startling her as I began tickling her sides.

I reasoned that I would talk with Sun later, for now he could sit and calm down while I entertain Naya until bedtime. Naya began squirming in my arm trying to get away but I held her still and continued tickling her as I walked under the bridge connecting the play structures and over to the ballpit before letting myself fall backwards into it. When I sat up Naya pushed herself up as well giggling and hugged me. What I hadn't expected when I hugged back was to find she was more determined than I thought.

"Moony what's wrong with Sun?" She asked looking up at me and my smile faltered a bit.

"Sun is alright. There's no need for you to worry little one." I answered trying to end the conversation quickly but Naya was not having it.

"No he's not. Now you're fibbing too. I'mma tell DJ on you! Both of you!"

"NO! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!" Sun suddenly cried popping in on the conversation and I frowned annoyed.

"Uh why? Why would that be a bad thing to you Sun?" I asked crossing my arms and he began to stutter.

"I-I just don't want him to be disappointed with me. It makes me feel small." Sun answered and I sighed shakng my head at how ridiculous this was.

"Then spill!" Naya demanded and I held my hands up in surrender.

"We just didn't want you to worry Starlight. Sun is just worried and overthinking again." I answered but she didn't look satisfied with that answer as she crossed her arms and puffed out her cheeks.

"I'm sorry Sunshine. I'm just worried something bad is going to happen. It's not that I wanted to lie to you, it just that I didn't want you to worry about me or anything." Sun explained and she smiled uncrossing her arms.

"You wanna know what DJ taught me?" She suddenly asked out of nowhere and I tilted my head.

"Sure Starlight."

"DJ says that even if something goes wrong its okay because everything will work out in the end." She said smiling brightly and I smiled.

"Thank you Starlight."
"Thank you Sunshine."

We thanked her and hugged her close. I guess neither of us had realized how much Naya changed since she's been with us and it was nice to see she was doing much better and much more confident. It was while we were hugging in the ballpit when the doors of the daycare suddenly burst open and we both jumped.

"Moon where are you! And where is the child!?" Vanessa demanded loudly and I froze. There was no possible way she could've known Naya was still here.  I was quick to quietly hide Naya in the ballpit before I pressed a finger to my mouth signaling for her to be quiet.

I took one last look at Naya as my cable came down and hooked onto my back before lifting me out of the ballpit. Once I was out I flew over to Vanessa at the doors to see her with her flashligh on and to my surprise, Mike was with her. He looked impatient and I frowned getting upset at just the sight of him.

"Moon please don't kill him" Sun begged quietly before returning back in my head.

"I make no promises." I muttered and dropped down laughing as I scared the shit out of both of them.

"Dammit Moon!" Vanessa shouted pointing her flashlight at me and I grinned crossing my arms as I stared down at her.

"What can I help you with Vanessa?" I asked shifting my weight to one leg and Mike stomped over getting close.

"Give me my daugher! I have my proof!" He demanded and I simply kept my focus on Vanessa.

"I'm waiting~" I taunted and Mike growled and grabbed my arm.

"Hey I'm talking to you!" He spat and I snapped my head in his direction.

"I'm sorry but I don't believe I talk to walking piles of shit." I spat back and tried not to chuckle when I heard Sun shout in my head about language.

"The fuck did you just call me!?" Mike questioned getting in my face and I simply flashed my sharp teeth in a wide grin.

"I'm not wrong. After all you are the spineless father that drugged his child and abandoned her aren't you? The one who let his wife starve, beat, and traumatize her? Or am I mistaken?" I taunted and he began to stutter and step back away from me. I looked at Vanessa who had a grim look on her face after hearing what he's done.

"Now I'll ask again. What can I help you with Vanessa?" I asked again and Vanessa cleared her throat.

"I need you to return Naya to Mr. Darling here. He has brought proof of being her parental guardian. I'm sorry."