Hidey Hide

Sun's p.o.v.

It's been a few weeks since the incident with Naya's father and things had settled out and gone back to normal. Well as normal as it can be in the daycare. Naya, Moon and I had grown closer and played new games she had come up with and her and Moon have found a love for hide and seek tag. It was nice watching them play and I was glad things were going well. I was a bit on edge though because everything seemed to be going too well and I had told Moon about my concerns but he assured me everything would be fine.

Today was a bit of a slow day and the daycare wasn't as busy as normal, I supposed it had something to do with Halloween coming up soon but I wasn't going to complain. I was currently playing a game Naya had come up with that she called Butterfly Catcher and the children seemed to love it. We took turns thoughout the game, sometimes I would be a butterfly and try not to let the children catch me and other times I would be the butterfly catcher and try to catch the children who were butterflies. I found the whole idea cute and had fun playing with them.

I was currently a butterfly and playfully inch wormed my way across the floor and into the ballpit pretending to be a caterpillar turning into a butterfly while the children hid. I smiled hearing their giggles as I was enveloped by the colorful plastic balls and waited a few moments before emerging and flaping my arms up and down as I moved around.

"Look at me I'm a beautiful butterfly! I really hope there aren't any butterfly catchers around. That would be bad!" I called out and skipped around the daycare while flapping my arms. I heard a few giggles nearby and smiled as I swerved avoiding them.

"Hoo hoo hooo! I'm just a beautiful little butterfly flying around! Maybe I'll find some pretty flowers to smell!" I called and suddenly heard multiple pairs of footsteps running towards me. I glanced back seeing at least five children running towards me and playfully shouted and took off away from them. I hadn't seen Naya with the children chasing me but I knew we had at least ten kids in the daycare today so I figured she was just with a different group of children.

As I ran from the giggling group of children I came across another pair and jumped a bit before turnning the other way. I always made sure to keep my pace slow enough for the children and they seemed to appreciate that. While I ran, I was also taking notes on the general health of each child to see if they were doing well. I suppose it was my paranoia getting the better of me and I began focusing on the game more.

By now I had all ten children chasing after me but I still hadn't seen Naya anywhere and I was starting to get concerned.

"Call snack time and go look for her. I'm more worried about you right now. I can just feel how tense you are right now." Moon ordered in my head and I sighed knowing he was right. I also knew that Moon would switch us out if I didn't listen.

With that I slowed my pace down and allowed the children to catch me as they cheered in victory. I smiled and gave each of them a butterfly sticker and my rays spun as I shook my wrists making my bells ring in order to get their attention. Soon I had all of the children looking at me.

"Alright my caterpillars, it's snack time! Gather around your tables and I'll go get the snacks!" I encouraged and watched as each one ran over to the tables excited.

Once all of the children were sat down I made my way to the small kitchen that was put in just outside the daycare. I quickly grabbed the tray of snacks that was prepared and returned to the daycare not wanting to leave the children alone for too long. Thankfully, all of the children were still seated at the table and I was quick to pass out the snacks before looking around for Naya.

Nothing seemed wrong in the daycare and I hadn't seen anyone come in or out of the daycare so I knew she was still in here.  She was just hiding.

"Naya come on out it's snack time!" I called and amidst the sound of the other children, I heard humming coming from one of the small play houses. I recognized it as Naya immediatley and went over to the partially opened door to see her sitting inside playing with he plushies of Moon and I while humming to herself.