Let's Talk

Naya's p.o.v.

Waking up the next day, I found myself unable to move and didn't understand why. That was until I looked up and found Moon asleep holding me close to him as his music box played in his chest. It was times like this that I didn't understand why other kids were so afraid of him. He was really kind, just misunderstood.

Looking around the best I could, I found I was in a small room that I assumed was Sun and Moon's bedroom. Moon and I were on a large bed against the wall and there was an arcade game in the corner at the end of the bed. The room was painted blue and seemd to have a star pattern while there was a small tunnel acting as the doorway.

Wanting up, I tried to wiggle my way out of Moon's hold but ended up tiring myself out instead. He was stronger than I thought and I sat there in silence not sure what else to do.

"Are you done?" Moon suddenly asked and I squeaked turning my head to look at him.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked and he frowned staring down at me as he propped himself up while keeping an arm around me.

"Long enough. We need to talk about last night." He answered sternly and I shrunk knowing I was in trouble.

"Sun and I were worried sick about you Naya. You can't just disappear like that without us knowing. What if you had gotten hurt or found. You do want to stay here right?" He asked calmy and I nodded keeping my eyes down ashamed.

"Look at me Naya." Moon instructed while gently lifting my head and my eyes met his.

"We aren't mad at you. We were just worried." He reassured and I hugged him.

"I'm sorry. I-I got hungry and I didn't want to bother you." I explained and he sighed.

"You'll never be a bother to us Starlight. We want to take care of you no matter what but you need to talk to us okay?"

"Okay"

"Good. Now let's go get you breakfast and Sun will go over some new rules with you before the daycare opens." He said and led me out of the bedroom.

Once out he picked me up and jumped off the ledge and into the ballpit as I held onto him tightly. Looking up at him I found I was now in Sun's arms and he smiled down at me as he hugged me tight.

"Oh I'm so glad you're okay Sunshine! You had me so worried!" He exclaimed and I hugged him back.

"I'm sorry Sun"

"That's alright. Let's get some breakfast."

After setting me down at one of the tables, Sun came over with some toast and fruit he managed to get from the small snack area they had. I ate with him for a bit as he got everything ready for the day until he finished and came over to me sitting down as well.

"Now Naya we have to set up some new rules with you after last night. You're not in trouble, Moon and I just want to make sure this doesn't happen again. Does that sound good?" He asked and I nodded hugging Mr. Teddy to me.

"The first rule is that you don't leave the daycare without us. Once we've talked to the others you can go with them as long as you behave."

"But what if I get hungry like last night?" I asked and he smiled softly.

"That's where rule two comes in. If you need anything you come tell Moon or I and we will help you. It doesn't matter what time or what it is we will help you."

"Okay I understand." I said looking down and Sun lifted my head making me look at him as he smiled.

"It's alright Sunshine. We just have one more rule for now. From now on when it's closing time and your bedtime, you'll be sleeping in our room with us. This way we know you're safe and can help if you have a nightmare." He explained and I nodded understanding.