41: Doomsday

I ended up reappearing quite a distance away and let out an exhausted sigh while my mind completely raced for a solution.

"Think Y/D think! You can't leave them there with Starscream! There has to be a way to get them out and fast!" I muttered to myself as I paced back and forth. "Think Think!" The ground began to shake, and I was forced onto my aft, my gaze turning to see a massive titain emerge from the crust, one that I knew.

'Iaconus, Windblade must have awoken him!' I thought to myself. As the titain charged something from the sky came crashing down in a ball of pure flame, dust, and debris shooting out from all sides. I quickly hid in an alleyway and covered my head to avoid injury as best as I could. When the dust settled, I peeked out from my hiding place and saw another titain, but something was wrong. Its body was encased in coils of Quintesson make, and my spark dropped to my tanks. The titains then began to battle, and I knew I had to do something.

"Y/D!" I heard Macadam call, my attention turning to the old bot.

"Mac? What are you doing out here?"

"There isn't much time. Do you think you could use your teleportation abilities to get us to where they are holding everyone?" Macadam then pointed to the ring where the Quintesson ship used to rest.

"I can try." I then placed a hand on the old bot and teleported us towards the center of the ring, my energy level dropping significantly and my knees buckling from under me.

"Y/D!" I heard Hot Rod call out to me from behind some sort of barrier. I looked up and gave him an exhausted smile as I heavily vented.

"Take it easy, Y/D, I'll release our comrades." Macadam said. I didn't argue, not like I had enough air to argue. I was then picked up by a Quintesson prosecutor, and for whatever reason, that sensation pissed me off to no end.

"LET ME CATCH A BREAK WILL YOU!" I shrieked at the bulbous creature before decking it so hard its head exploded into shards. More Quintesson prosecutors came flying at me, and I continued to beat the ever-loving slag out of them in a Grimlock styled temper tantrum until no more dared to aproach "For frags sake! I hate these guys!"

"Y/D!" Hot Rod exclaimed as he and the others were freed thanks to Macadam. I turned around and was immediately embraced by the younger bot.

"Easy sunshine, you'll scuff your paint." I teased.

(A/n just wanna put in here that as I wrote that sentence, I imagined Whirl yelling, "Hey! You two should kiss!" And my brain completely stopped working at how stupid that was)

"We need to move, now!" Soundwave said. Hot Rod then released me from the embrace, and we went to run only for him to stop.

"Macadam! Come on!" Hot Rod said as he grabbed the older bots arm.

"My time has come." He said grimly. Suddenly, a beam of blaster energy came barreling towards them, and Macadam did the only thing he could. "But not yours." He then shoved Hot Rod into my arms, and we both watched with grief as he was incinerated by the beam.

"No...." I whispered. "Macadam..."

"He's... he's gone..." Hot Rod said, tears pooling at his optics. I put on a stoic expression as I held Hot Rod close to me.

"We will mourn him later, sunshine." I said, my tone gentle with the younger bot. "Right now, we need to get to safety."

"You're right.... I'm... I'm sorry." He sniffles as he regained his composure.

"You don't need to apologize to me. Primus knows I'm barely holding it together right now. But let's move!" Hot Rod and I then took off running, dodging and weaving through the falling debris before diving into an alleyway.