38: As Above

"Okay, Mr. Squiggles," Hot Rod growled. "You are turning off the loop! Now!"

"You can't tell him what to do!" Sideways snapped as he stepped out in front of the pair.

"You." Soundwave growled at Sideways.

"Oh hey, nice to see you, Soundwave." The Scientist then seemed to become enamored at the mention of Soundwave's name.

"Oh, you are finally here! And you're blue! I don't have a blue one!" He said as he hovered over to Soundwave. A side panel opened and revealed an entire army of various Soundwaves, all neatly lined up in rows.

"It... they're all... he's collecting you!" Hot Rod said. "Why would he collect Soundwave's and not Hot Rods?"

"What... what is this?" Soundwave whispered.

"When a judge finds a universe guilty, I like to take a little souvenir." The Scientist cooed. "It seems this time I am taking 2 with me."

"2?" Hot Rod asked. His optics then darted towards my bound and shattered frame before going wide. "Y/D!"

"Epepep ain't no one messing with his experiment." Sideways said.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HIM!?" Hot Rod shouted.

"Merely exploring his durability." The Scientist said as he floated towards me. "And he still functions despite all that I've put him through. Remarkable."

"You're a monster!" Hot Rod snapped.

"For once, I agree with you." Soundwave said.

"Sideways, deal with the one called Hot Rod while I expand my collection." The Scientist said. Sideways then charged at Hot Rod, and the pair wrestled with each other like a pair of dogs battling for a bone.

"Urgh, listen to me and listen to me carefully." Sideways hissed as he decked Hot Rod. "Keep fighting me, but make it over to the panel on your left."

"What?" Hot Rod whispered as he ducked a swing.

"The panel will free Y/D from his bindings." Sideways then grappled with Hot Rod, and the pair's faces got closer to each other. "You have to trust me. Just do it, and we all can get out of here."

"And, hurgh, why should I trust you?"

"Because I'm a prisoner just like Y/D is, and he will be lost forever if you don't." The pair then continued to fight each other until they reached the panel in question, Sideways sneakily hitting the buttons that released me to the floor with a loud crash. "Now punch me in the face."

"With pleasure." Hot Rod said as he decked Sideways as hard as he could, knocking the bot out. "That's for ripping his voicebox out." Hot Rod then ran over to my broken frame and worked on trying to revive me. "Hang in there, big guy. I'll get you out."

"I don't think so!" The Scientist sneered as he grabbed Hot Rod and myself in his tentecals along with Soundwave.

"Let... let them go." I rasped weakly as I struggled to remain conscious.

"You are in no position to make demands, Anominon. Especially when this universe is about to be judged."

"I... I won't let you!" The Scientist only laughed and tossed me to the side, my frame bouncing and leaving a smear of energon on the floor. "Oh, but I'm afraid you can't, Anominon."

"You BASTARD!" Hot Rod shouted as he blasted the Scientist with his flames, forcing him to drop the pair. Soundwave then rapid-fired on the scientist, terminating him. Hot Rod then rushed to my side, where my colors began to fade to gray. "Hang in there, big guy! Please!"

"Nice try." The Scientist said as a copy of him dropped down from the ceiling.

"What the -" Hot Rod exclaimed.

"Now now, as much fun as I am having with you two, it's feeding time." The Scientist then grabbed the two bots and restrained them high above. Meanwhile, I was fading fast, and my vision went completely black.

Once again, I was floating in the void, fragments of light flickering towards me like stars to a black hole. I felt hopeless, lost, and completely empty.

'I failed, haven't I?' I asked the void. 'This universe I've been put in... I've failed it. I... I'm going to die again.'

'No, you are not.' A voice said from the void.

'Who's there?' I called. The lights then merged together, and I saw a being of great light and power form in front of me. One I recognized. 'Primus?'

'Y/D, fragment of The One, it is not yet your time. You still have a chance.'

'But... my body is broken... it's all falling apart...' Primus knelt down in front of me, so we were optic level, his face oddly gentle and kind as he gazed into my very spark.

'Do not lose hope Y/D. You've survived more than any being of any universe. You will survive this.'

'But... but Primus, I don't know how!'

'You do. When the time is right, look deep into your heart and unleash it. If you will it, so it shall be.' Primus said. 'Now go, your friends need you.' I felt myself fall out of the void and crash back into my body with a gasp, my optics darting around to find myself still in the laboratory. Only one goal came to mind.

"If I will it, so it shall be." I whispered as I rolled onto my tanks, dragged my frame across the floor towards a control panel and I yanked a bunch of wiring out will all my might. Alarms blared all around and the Scientist whipped around with wide optics.

"What have you done?!" He exclaimed.

"Now, Soundwave!" Hot Rod shouted as he and Soundwave combined their power to encase the developing pupae at the center of the room, the Scientist dropping them in a futile effort to stop the destruction. The pair rushed over to me, and both of them lifted my battered frame, each with one of my arms around their shoulders. "Hang in there, Y/D. We got you."

The pair worked together and managed to escape with my barely functioning body out of the Quintesson ship and into the open. Just as they did a massive force field encased the structure, sealing the ship inside.

"Hot Rod! Soundwave!" Whirl called from overhead. "We got everyone out of the loop!"

"That's great, Whirl! Have everyone gather inside and let Ratchet and Perceptor know that we have a serious casualty." 

"I can help with that." Clobber said as she came up behind the pair.

"Be easy with him." Hot Rod said as he and Soundwave passed me off to the femme. "He's been through a lot."

----
A/n so I had to rewrite this chapter because while trying to edit some typos watpad did a fucky wucky and yeah. So don't sorry I'll get the others back up! Maybe. Definitely not the same.