15: Assault

"What is an Anomaly?" Cheetor said as we all gathered to listen on the control bridge. "Ian Anomaly is well, an Anomaly! It doesn't exist yet it exists."

"Care to elaborate?" Windblade asked.

"Well, that's the problem. Like the Allspark, the Anomaly is, well, itself. It can't really be described in words." Cheetor said. "My mission is to be the Allspark's guardian and to assist the Anomaly in finding itself. Although I feel like I am failing at the former now that the Decepticons have it."

"Now the Decepticons have it and Vector Sigma." Optimus said.

"Vector Sigma?" Cheetor questioned. While the others were talking, I ended up leaving the control bridge and wandered the halls in deep thought. I blamed myself for the loss of the Allspark. If I had only been quicker, smarter, faster, anything, maybe I could have saved the Allspark from Starscream. I ended up pacing back and forth nervously in the hall while biting my digit, Hot Rod popping out and spotting me.

"You okay?" He asked, to which I shook my head. I wanted to express what was on my mind, yet I had no way of doing it. "Everything will work out in the end. Y/D." I gave him a small smile and a nod to acknowledge his words.

"Y/D, Hot Rod, we need to get ready for an assault on the Nemesis." Windblade said.

Soon, the Autobots and myself were outside the warship with weapons drawn, my battle mask raised, and my optics fixed upon the place I once called home.

"Autobots! Advance! Cheetor, Bumblebee, Hot Rod, Y/D, locate the Allspark." Optimus ordered. I nodded and gestured for the younger bots to stick close as we advanced to a side hatch of the Nemesis. I whacked it in a specific way that forced it to open much to the surprise of the trio.

"Whoa, how'd you do that?" Bumblebee asked. I then pointed to the broken latch and made a motion that suggested something hit it.

"I think he's saying that it was damaged and hasn't been noticed." Hot Rod interpreted to which I nodded. I waved them inside, and we carefully stalked the corridors. "Getting any feelies Cheech?"

"No, if the Allspark is here, I'm not sensing it. I... I hope it hasn't abandoned me." Cheetor said. I then gestured for Cheetor to hold my hand to his forehead. "What? Do you think you can help?" I nodded in response.

"We have to keep moving, though." Hot Rod said.

"Give him a chance, Hot Rod." Cheetor said as he placed my hand to his forehead. I closed my optics and reached out farther than what Cheetor could do on his own, our combined skill allowing us to locate it only in dismay. I pulled away from the bot and felt my head spin so much that I ended up falling on my aft to the floor.

"You okay?" Bumblebee asked.

"I need to speak to both Optimus and Megatron." Cheetor said.

"What?"

"Now!" The group of us quickly departed the halls to where even more combat was taking place. Cheetor and Bumblebee both tried to get the bots to stop fighting to no avail, and I knew what I had to do. I channeled my energy into a psychic blast as I raised my glaive vertically and slammed the butt of it into the floor. As I did, a shock wave of telekinetic energy exploded outward and knocked every bot onto their afts, leaving them very confused and disorientated.

"How dare you do such a thing!" Megatron roared at me. I stared directly into his optics and then into Optimus's before pointing to Cheetor with the blade of my glaive. "Use your words dammit!"

"He is saying you need to listen to Cheetor. It's important." Hot Rod said. "Go ahead, Cheech."

"The Allspark isn't here, but it is in grave danger! Starscream has it, and I need both sides to stop fighting!" Cheetor said.

"Starscream is alive? How?!" Megatron bellowed angrily. "I demand answers!" I slammed the butt of my glaive into the floor to silently tell Megatron to shut up, Cheetor giving me a gentle look to assure me that it was alright.

"I blame myself. I found him badly wounded on the moon and tried to help. He must have followed me through the ground bridge." Cheetor said.

"You fool! Do you have any idea what you have done!?" Megatron snapped. I stood in between cheetor and Megatron with my glaive firmly in my hands, providing a barrier as I stared directly into my sire's optics.

"Cheetor didn't know how dangerous Starscream was." Bumblebee said. "It's not his fault."

"Then what do you suggest, cat?" Megatron growled.

"A temporary truce between the Autobots and Decepticons." Cheetor said.

"I am willing to partake in these negotiations." Optimus said as he lowered his weapon.

"And... I'll consider it as well." Megatron reluctantly said. The Decepticons and Autobots all lowered their weaponry, and I returned mine to my back. "On one condition. I wish to speak to my son. Alone." I hesitantly looked over to Optimus and then back at Megatron. I wasn't sure if he knew I was unable to physically speak anymore or if he assumed I had taken some odd vow of silence and the thought of him finding out it was Sideways who had taken my voice terrified me. I didn't show it, though, and I simply awaited Prime's approval.

Optimus nodded, and I carried the nod to my sire. Megatron waved me to one of the corridors and his gaze fixed upon me when he was certain no one could hear.

"Y/D, why do you continue to follow the Autobots? Why haven't you said a word?" He asked sternly. I then gestured to the massive welding scar at my throat, and his expression changed from a stone cold one to a sort of anger. "Who did this? Was it Optimus?! I will tear out his spark!" I quickly shook my head and then focused on telepathically projecting the face of Sideways. "He took it? I thought I terminated him!" I shook my head no, and Megatron did something he hadn't done since the death of my carrier.

He checked once again to make sure no one was watching, and then he pulled me into a hug. I stiffened in surprise at this but hugged back. It felt nice to have my old sire back even if it was for just a brief moment.

"I'm... I'm so sorry, Y/D." He said in a hushed voice before releasing me and returning to his original war-hardened state. "He will pay dearly for what he has done to you. But first, negotiations. I want you present for them, seeing as you've become a... middle ground." I paused a moment and then nodded my agreement. Little did I realize that something very wrong was about to happen to me as a tiny device embedded itself into my back that Megatron had slipped onto me.