019 ⋆ mr perfectly fine

"I FUCKING HATE HIM." chris mumbled to his brothers, matt's eyes widened.

nick mouth turned downwards, "why? i mean, i know why. but why?"

"he stole her from me." chris rolled his eyes as he zoomed into valentines most recent instagram post. it showed cody and her together, clearly together.

matt made an 'eh' noise to which chris's head immediately turned. "you did ghost her for days."

chris groaned, he knew matt was right deep down but hearing it out loud was different. it made him angry and disappointed in himself, disappointed that he let her get away.

it was in that moment where he decided he was gonna get her back.

"i know, i fucked up. i fucked everything up." chris muttered and walked away to his room. to get her back he knew he had to do some studying, instead of listening to usual music, he listened to some songs that was on their shared playlist.

he firstly played 'the story of us' because it used to be valentines favourite song, since the breakup she hadn't listened to it once. it reminded her of him too much.

"this guys such a coward, not talking to his ex — oh, oh." he exclaimed to himself as a moment of realization washed his face. "maybe i'm a coward?"

he scrolled through the playlist but saw nothing that stood out that could help his situation. until he passed by 'how you get the girl' that sounds helpful!

he listened to the full song, he thought about going to her house and reminding her of how it was but chose to not. it sounded borderline creepy especially now that cody was in the picture. it was a cute song though.

feeling like a creep, he decided to go to a coffee shop and just chill. he ran down the stairs of his house, "where are you going, bro?" matt asked.

"bros sprinting." nick scoffed.

chris rolled his eyes, he wanted to scream and yell fuck off to his brothers but wouldn't. he scoffed, "nowhere." he said and went out the front door. when he got to the coffee shop he saw the one singular person he didn't want to see.

the one person he was praying not to see, the one person he was about to pull the trigger if he saw, the one person he would truly rather die than see.

he hid his face into his hands, hoping they wouldn't see him.

he thought of all the times valentine had forced him to go to a coffee shop with her, to just sit there and drink their cute mochas. he always went, he always did whatever she wanted. he thought he could handle running into them, but the sight of valentine laughing with cody made his blood boil.

he wanted to talk to her, he had been thinking about all freaking day. he took a deep breath and walked over to their table.

"hi," chris managed to say, trying to keep his voice steady.

vals eyes widened with surprise and cody looked very uncomfortable, cody hated chris since they had met. "chris," valentine whispered, "i didn't — i didnt expect to see you here." she stuttered.

chris felt himself getting angrier. "well i didn't expect to see you either," he replied tensely, his emotions threatening to spill over.

val's expression softened with guilt, "chris i know things are weird between us now but cmon! we've both moved on." the second it came out of her mouth she regretted it. it was like word vomit.

"moved on?" chris scoffed, his anger seeping into his words. "you moved on pretty fast, didn't you? found someone else to replace me just like that?"

cody widened his eyes angrily, "hey, man. calm the fuck down."

"cody stop, i can handle this myself." valentine put her hand on his shoulder without looking at him which made cody, way more angry than he was at the start. "it's not like that," valentine protested, but chris couldn't hear any excuses.

"did i ever mean anything to you?" chris snapped, his voice venomous and he resisted tears spiking his eyes.

valentine scoffed, "you're really one to talk, you started dating fucking becca literally two seconds after we broke up."

chris's eyes opened in shock, was the whole reason that it wasn't him sitting with valentine because she thought he was dating becca? "becca and i aren't dating," his forehead creased.

valentine muttered, "what?" she whispered.

"i really fucking hate her, we're definitely not dating."

"okay, seriously, give it a break bro." cody rolled his eyes, the corners of his mouth sarcastically turned up. he thought valentine would agree but she hit his arm to continue talking to chris.

chris took a deep breath, trying to ignore cody. chris needed to make things right with valentine and he wasn't going to let cody get in the way.

"val can we talk alone?" chris asked, it was risky and he knew that.

valentine looked torn, glancing at cody and then back at chris. "i guess so," she replied hesitantly, cody had a disgusted and angry face.

as they moved away from the table, chris could feel cody's eyes on his back but he didn't care. he needed to talk to val, he needed to make things right. even if that meant that they were just friends. "i'm sorry i assumed that you were with becca." she mumbled. "i guess i saw you two and got weirdly jealous. i shouldn't have, i'm sorry."

"so, are you and cody actually dating?" chris asked, praying she would say no and they would hug and the two would finish the rest of the coffee date, but she didn't.

valentine looked at her feet, "uh, yeah we are." she awkwardly nodded.

chris decided to take the biggest risk of his life, his heart jumping with stress he said, "you should be with me instead. he doesn't deserve you, nobody does except me. i see your face everywhere and it kills me, i always think about how much i miss you when your gone. i think about how pretty you look when you laugh, i smile at memories of us, and i know that's so fucking cringey but that's what's good about it! i don't feel ashamed, i just feel happy that i can be cringey with someone."

"i cant stand the thought of you with anyone else, especially cody. i need you, not even as my girlfriend but even as my best friend again. take all your anger out on me, as long as we're talking again. yell, scream, hit me, punch me, just do something, anything." chris begged, the rain falling from his face.

but valentine didn't say anything, there were no words for what she was feeling.

she walked up to him, even closer than they were. their faces were just inches away, her eyes travelled from both eyes down eventually to his lips. in one swift motion, she grabbed his neck and stood up on her tip — toes and kissed him.

she put her hands on his cheeks and pulled in. in shock, he put his arms around her hips and intensified the kiss.

to him, it felt like the best possible thing in the world. it felt like two planets were colliding. he had waited for this day since their breakup.

to her, it felt like guilt. she missed chris and waited for this day but she was still with cody and felt bad. she never loved cody like she did chris but she still had feelings, even if they weren't earth — shattering.

"fuck, i have to go." she muttered, walking away from the boy. his face dropped and her guilt felt like another brick got placed onto her stomach.

chris frowned, "oh." she was going back to cody.

she never had any plans of getting back with chris, she was head over heals for cody. and chris hated it.

💌
CHRIS AND VAL INTERACTION
also!!!!!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!
day late but whatevs
i was belle and my friends were other disney princesses
we are all like 14-15-13 ish so we still went trick or treating LMFAO
but i live in canada so it was FREEZING OMG.